Guests have a new place to play and stay at Legoland Florida Resort with the official opening of the Legoland Beach Retreat, where “it’s summer all year long”.
Filled with Lego theming inside and out, the village-style vacation resort features brightly colored bungalows grouped into 13 horseshoe-shaped “coves” named after various Lego Minifigures. It all begins almost immediately, thanks to a drive-through check-in process that will take you from your car to your cove in minutes.
Designed to look like larger-than-life Lego sets, 83 bungalows offer 166 separate rooms that sleep up to five, including an area just for kids with a bunk bed, trundle bed and privacy curtain. Each cove has its own outdoor play area within view of the bungalows’ shaded patios, where mom and dad can relax while kids have fun.
Opening less than two years after the debut of the 152-room Legoland Hotel, Legoland Beach Retreat more than doubles accommodations at the Florida vacation destination. Along with picturesque lake views and a giant Lego lighthouse featuring a real rotating beacon, highlights also include:
• A giant swimming pool next to The Lighthouse, with an adjacent sandy area for building sandcastles and the resort’s biggest outdoor play structure for kids.
• Sandy’s Castle Restaurant, featuring a menu of entrees, sides and desserts. A breakfast buffet is included with each night’s stay.
• Bricks Beach Bar, offering a menu of made-to-order food, drinks and cocktails served both poolside and indoors. (Try the Fish in a Bag for a unique option.)
• Palm Tree Traders, a retail shop stocked with Lego building sets and Minifigures, apparel, toys, swimwear, snacks and sundries.
• A hands-on Lego building station where kids can contribute their original creations to a giant sandcastle made out of thousands of Lego bricks.
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the site.
• Complimentary transportation to the theme park entrance, as well as complimentary parking in Legoland Florida Resort’s main parking lot for guests who choose to drive.
• Early access to the Legoland Florida theme park, with exclusive use of some attractions, including the new Lego Ninjago World and Lego Ninjago The Ride.
Located three-quarters of a mile from the theme park entrance on the shores of Lake Dexter in Winter Haven, Fla., Legoland Beach Retreat represents the latest milestone in the largest period of growth and expansion in the five-year history of Legoland Florida Resort, with theming and architecture unique among the eight Legoland resorts worldwide. The Florida site is the first Legoland resort in North America to offer a second accommodation type for overnight and multi-day stays.
Nightly room rates start at $135 (plus tax and resort fee) and vary by season, date and availability. Packages including theme park tickets also are available, and Awesomer and Awesomest Annual Pass Members receive a 10 percent discount year-round.
To book a stay, visit Legoland.com/Florida or call (877) 350-5346 daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.