Legoland Discovery Center Bay Area unveils Miniland ahead of grand opening
Ahead of its grand opening on June 14, 2021, Legoland Discovery Center Bay Area at Great Mall in Milpitas, Calif. — the first Legoland Discovery Center in California — unveiled Miniland, a miniature replica of the San Francisco Bay Area’s most iconic landmarks built from more than 1.5 million Lego bricks.
Miniland at Legoland Discovery Center Bay Area took a team of 45 Lego model builders, nine Lego designers, and four technicians more than 7,150 hours to build. The nearly 40 Lego builds represent the entire San Francisco Bay Area, including the Golden Gate Bridge, the Painted Ladies, and the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco; Apple Park, the Basilica of San Joseph, and Hoover Tower in the South Bay; and the Cathedral Building, Oakland City Hall, and Sprout Hall in the East Bay. Guests can find mischievous Minifigures throughout Miniland, spot ghosts at the Winchester Mystery House, shoot hoops at Chase Center, watch prisoners escape from Alcatraz, or travel across the Bay on BART.
Dubbed the ultimate indoor playground, the 31,000-square-foot Legoland Discovery Center features interactive and educational attraction space geared towards children ages 3-10 and their families.
Besides Miniland, Legoland Discovery Center Bay Area includes:
- Imagination Express – An interactive Lego ride that takes visitors on an adventure through an interactive world of imagination and color. Wave your magic wand to collect points and see how your skills match up with the other passengers.
- Lego 4D Cinema – Join favorite Lego characters on action-packed adventures in 3D with wind, rain, and snow effects.
- Creative Workshop – Learn to build like Legoland Discovery Center Bay Area’s Master Model Builder Sam Suksiri during hands-on workshops.
- Lego Ninjago Training Camp – Train through interactive build challenge activities to improve flexibility, agility, ingenuity, and Lego brick building skills. Then complete your training in the Ninjago Laser Maze.
- Lego Racers: Build & Test – Create a Lego race car and learn how to make it go faster before timing its speed on the test track.
- Lego Friends Heart Lake City – Tell a story with Andrea, Mia, Olivia, Stephanie, and Emma as you add your own creations to the colorful Lego Heart Lake City.
- Pirate Adventure Island – Go on a swashbuckling quest aboard a Lego-themed pirate ship.
- Earthquake Tables – Visitors can build their own Lego skyscrapers and see if their creations can survive the shaking earthquake-simulating tables.
- Duplo Park – Young builders can let their imaginations loose and play on special big soft bricks.
- Build Challenge Circle – A continuously changing event features fun-filled host-led activities like listening to a story, building a LEGO creation, or meeting Bertie the Lego mascot.
- Great Lego Race VR Experience – Take a ride into a virtual Lego world on the most incredible, exhilarating, and fun Lego race ever created (not included with admission).
Following local and state capacity and safety regulations, Legoland Discovery Center Bay Area will implement enhanced measures to clean and sanitize the attraction, including high-frequency touchpoints, play areas, and Lego bricks.
Legoland Discovery Center will offer a limited number of tickets for June 8-13, 2021, ahead of the grand opening celebration. Single-Day Admission Passes and Annual passes are available online through the Legoland Discovery Center’s website.
Click here for more information or to purchase tickets or passes.