It’s less than two months until the Legoland Water Park opens and the attraction is getting its middle name – water! More than a half a million gallons of H20 were pumped into the Lego Wave Pool by a friend of the Lego City Volunteer Fire Department.
The first wave pool in any Legoland Water Park will be home to gently rolling waves. Meanwhile, the rest of the water park attraction is currently under construction from Duplo Splash Safari to Joker Soaker.
Key areas of Water Park attraction include:
• Lego Wave Pool – Catch a gentle wave or simply cool off where the waves are just big enough for all ages to enjoy.
• Build-A-Raft River – Families can imagine, design and build a unique Lego vessel and set afloat on a voyage around the 1000-foot-long lazy river, set amongst playful Lego Friends, flowering vegetation and palm trees.
• Twin Chasers – Friends ride tubes 375 feet down an intertwining pair of enclosed water slides before plunging into a pool below.
• Splash Out – The thrill seekers of the family can ascend to the tallest point of the water park attraction and choose from one of three unique slides, then speed down a 60-foot drop.
• Joker Soaker – A fun, interactive playground with various lengths, heights and types of slides that offer something different for every member of the family. Guests can wade in the surrounding pool and be surprised with a torrential spill from a 300-gallon bucket.
• Duplo Splash Safari – Toddlers rule at this water play area with shorter slides and interactive, larger-than-life creatures.
The new water park opens on May 26, 2012. Single-day Legoland Florida guests may upgrade to a water park attraction ticket for an additional $12 per person (children under 3 are $3).
Admission to the water park is included with an all-new Legoland Premium Pass, which offers 12 months admission to Legoland Florida and seasonal access to the Legoland Water Park for just $179 for adults and $149 for child/senior. The Premium Pass is now available for purchase at Legoland.com or AAA Auto Group branches.