Merlin Entertainments will now offer reusable, environmentally-friendly and ethically-produced shopping bags for guests.
The bags, which will be on sale at a range of prices starting at £2, are available at Merlin venues across the U.K., including Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, and Blackpool Tower. The bags are made from either responsibly-sourced and sustainably-produced cotton, or recycled bottles.
“Preserving and protecting the environment and reducing plastic use are very important to us and we are delighted to be working with the market leader in reusable bag production to ensure that our visitors have the chance to purchase eye-catching bags which are both ethically produced and provide a sustainable alternative to plastic,” said James Burleigh, Merlin’s chief ambassador for conservation and welfare.
The reusable bags are available in the following locations:
- Bear Grylls Adventure (opening later this year in Birmingham) – two bags; a drawstring bag made out of rPET recycled plastic bottles and a cotton shopping bag
- The London Eye – a premium cotton shopping bag with the silhouette of London printed onto a natural cotton base
- Sea Life Aquarium – cotton shopping bags with the slogans “Team Turtle,” “Plastic Ain’t Fintastic” and “Choose to Re-Use” printed on them
- Madame Tussauds – four cotton bags with a musical theme, featuring a microphone, an electric guitar, headphones and a gold glitz bag with the slogan “Star in the Making” printed on it
- Blackpool Tower – a cotton bag featuring the iconic attraction against the resort’s skyline
- Alton Towers – a black cotton bag with a Wicker Man symbol to promote the park’s new Wicker Man ride
To learn more about Merlin Entertainments’ offerings in the U.K., visit MerlinAnnualPass.co.uk.