National Geographic Expeditions announces 2023 itineraries
National Geographic Expeditions announces even more ways to see the world in 2023 with new Signature Land itineraries and the expansion of the Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia: Ancient Temples and Natural Wonders expedition to provide travelers an off-the-beaten-path experience in Southeast Asia.
Travelers can see the world with National Geographic Expeditions on more than 30 Signature Land trips, where they can explore the storytelling of a destination and experience exclusive access to National Geographic Society-funded initiatives like reforestation efforts in Costa Rica, planting a giant clam in a marine sanctuary in Palau, or joining a primatologist in search of chimpanzees in Uganda.
What can you expect when you travel with National Geographic Expeditions?
- A National Geographic expert, including archaeologists, conservationists, marine biologists, and photographers
- An Expedition Leader and knowledgeable local guides
- Special access to museums, sites, events, and experts in the field
- A group of usually 25 or fewer travelers
- High-end (or best available) hotels
- Most meals included (featuring high-quality local cuisine)
- Gratuities included for all staff except the Expedition Leader
National Geographic Expeditions – Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia: Ancient Temples and Natural Wonder
The expanded 17-day, 16-night itinerary in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia adds two stops to its previous schedule, providing behind-the-scenes looks at several Southeast Asian projects funded by the National Geographic Society and visits to Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Hue, Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Luang Prabang, and Siem Reap, with local experts joining itinerary activities.
Expedition highlights include:
- Brand new experiences, including a sampan tour along the canals of Tan Phong Islet, followed by a cycle excursion and visit to Cai Rang Floating Market – the most famous market of the Mekong Delta
- Visits to the Angkor Conservation Center (a site rarely open to the general public) to discover thousands of protected statues recovered from the archaeological site and the Golden Silk Pheach Preservation Center, one of the last silk producers in the world where the silk-making process (from raising silkworms to weaving fabric) can be seen in one place
- Sample authentic local flavors from Vietnamese iced coffee and street food to a five-course gala dinner
- Must-see sites,including the UNESCO World Heritage site Angkor Archeological Park and the Angkor Wat temple
- Tours of Emperor Tu Duc and Khai Dinh Tombs in Hue and the Purple Forbidden City.
- An in-depth look at two National Geographic Society conservation initiatives: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife Rescue Center, where orphaned and injured wildlife are rehabilitated before being released back into the wild, and Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Center, where travelers observe the Asiatic black bears (also known as moon bears because of the crescent moon shape on their chest) and learn about National Geographic-funded research to protect these unique animals
The price for the Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia: Ancient Temples and Natural Wonder Signature Land Expedition starts at $8,895 per person (double occupancy) and $11,295 per person (single occupancy). A portion of the proceeds from every expedition supports the global community of National Geographic Explorers.
Departure dates for this expedition begin in late December 2022 and extend to March 2023. Bookings for all 2023 expeditions will open to the public on May 26, 2022.
Starting on May 23, 2022, early booking will be available as follows:
- May 23, 2022: Lifelong Explorers, Grosvenor Council members, and travelers who are currently on hold with National Geographic Expeditions for a future reservation
- May 24, 2022: National Geographic Expeditions or Journeys past travelers
- May 25, 2022: Disney Vacation Club members, Disney Castaway Club Gold and Platinum members, and Golden Oak residents
Click here for more information.