NBA Experience, the all-new offering coming to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World, is officially opening to guests on Aug. 12, 2019.
“When we were young, we played basketball in our driveways or in the park, creating those imaginary moments of making the game-winning shot for a championship,” said Stan Dodd, executive producer at Walt Disney Imagineering. “We want to take that energy and help you feel what it’s like to be an actual NBA or WNBA player.”
— Attractions Magazine (@Attractions) March 25, 2019
In collaboration with the NBA, Disney will give guests the chance to feel like basketball stars inside this one-of-a-kind environment filled with 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors.
Once inside, guests will find themselves in the players’ tunnel, very much like that of an NBA or WNBA arena. A ticket to the NBA Experience will allow visitors to experience every activity in any order they choose, as well as let them return to stations to improve their performance or learn more about the game. In addition to the hands-on fun, this new offering will also include a retail space featuring NBA-themed merchandise.
The location will not have a dining area inside but will be connected to City Works Eatery & Pour House, which will open sometime this summer.
Other elements of this new destination are:
- A slam dunk challenge, where guests can change the height of a standard 10-foot hoop to as low as seven feet to work their own skills – all captured by burst photography
- An activity that tests shooting skills with spots on a court that light up as players move from one to another to sink as many baskets as possible in 15 seconds
- Ways to measure vertical leap, wingspan, shooting, and dribbling skills against the pros
- Personalization for various activities with guests’ names and their favorite NBA and WNBA teams
- Real-time technology to aggregate statistics of NBA and WNBA game and players for continuous updates, as leaderboards inside the experience track top performers throughout the day
To learn more about other Disney Springs offerings, visit DisneySprings.com.