Kings Island’s new Giga coaster, Orion, is now open to season passholders as part of the park’s phased reopening.
Orion is the tallest (287 feet) and fastest roller coaster (91 miles per hour) with the longest first drop (300 feet) at Kings Island, and is the park’s longest steel roller coaster at 5,321 feet and second-longest overall behind The Beast (7,359 feet).
Orion is the seventh Giga coaster in the world, the fourth in the U.S., and the fifth in North America; a Giga coaster is one with a height or drop between 300-399 feet. This is the third roller coaster at Kings Island designed by Swiss manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M), joining the ranks of Diamondback and Banshee.
Kings Island is currently open to season passholders only now through July 11, and will open to all guests beginning Sunday, July 12.
“We are ready to welcome our guests back to Kings Island for some long-overdue fun,” said Mike Koontz, general manager. “The safety of our guests and associates has always been and will always be our top priority. The park’s new health and safety protocols align with CDC recommendations and have been shaped by information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials.”
New safety protocols for the park include:
- A new online reservation system required for each guest visit to help manage capacity
- Requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission
- Touchless temperature screening prior to entering the park for both guests and associates
- Requirement for all guests, associates and vendors to wear face coverings
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including in ride queues
- Limited guest-associate contact
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitation of restrooms, dining facilities and other high-traffic areas
- Additional hand sanitization stations
- Capacity management throughout the park
To learn more about Kings Island, and to plan your visit, head to VisitKingsIsland.com.