For the first time ever, Disney’s Magic Kingdom will be open for a full 24 hours from 6 a.m. Feb. 29 to 6 a.m. March 1, 2012 in honor of Leap Year. During the day, the parks will offer their normal schedule with attractions, parades, fireworks, and characters, but there will be a few extra special entertainment offerings during the early morning hours.
The extra entertainment at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Park includes:
- Special welcome ceremony at 5:50 a.m on Feb. 29.
- Disney’s Dance the Night Away Party at Cinderella Castle, from 1 a.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Main Street Electrical Parade, at 10 p.m. and midnight
- “The Magic, The Memories and You!” at 7:45 p.m., 9 p.m., 11 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. (March 1)
- Frontierland Hoedown at 2:45 a.m., 3:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.
Characters that will be meeting guests during those early morning hours are scheduled to include Phineas and Ferb in Tomorrowland, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Fantasyland and Mickey and Minnie Mouse in Town Square, wearing their pajamas.
Commemorative merchandise will also be available at the Emporium on Main Street, U.S.A. Special embroidered ear hats will be available for purchase at The Chapeau and Curtain Call Collectibles on Main Street, U.S.A. and at Sir Mickey’s in Fantasyland.
Keep in mind that not all attractions will be open at all times, but guests will be able to find something to eat, ride and enjoy throughout the One More Disney Day event.
The following attractions will have different operating hours from the park hours:
- Haunted Mansion closes at 5 a.m.
- It’s a small world closes at 4 a.m.
- Liberty Square Riverboat open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pirates of the Caribbean closes at 5 a.m.
- Space Mountain closes at 4 a.m.
- Splash Mountain closes at 4 a.m.
- Tom Sawyer Island open 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Walt Disney World Railroad open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The following attractions will be closed for a few hours due to nightly maintenance:
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: 1:30 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- Mad Tea Party: 12 a.m. to 3 a.m.
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures: 1 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
There will be many restaurant offerings throughout the day too. Breakfast options will be served from 3 to 6 a.m. on Thursday at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Main Street Bakery, The Lunching Pad, Sleepy Hallow and Westward Ho.
The following restaurants will have different operating hours from the park hours:
- Casey’s Corner: 11 a.m. to park closing
- Columbia Harbor House: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe: 10 a.m. to park closing
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe: 10:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Pinocchio Village Haus: 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tortuga Tavern: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Plaza Restaurant: Lunch to 3 a.m.