Fantasy of Flight’s signature event, Roar n’ Soar, will be held Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 13 and 14, 2010. It’s the fourth year for the family-frendly event. The weekend will include a car show, racing boat regatta, and airplanes, rounded out with food and entertainment.
• Drivers will compete for the fastest time while they race the clock maneuvering through a slalom course on the hangar tarmac.
• A car show will feature vintage classic cars by auto icons Jaguar, Austin-Healey, Ferrari, BMW, and Porsche.
• One of Dale Earnhardt’s original and most famous championship cars, the “Pass in the Grass” Monte Carlo, will be on hand.
• Short course truck/buggy R/C racing will feature dirt-slinging off-road races with jumps and more.
• Some of the most elegant and powerful boats ever built will perform exhibition flybys in a race-like setting on a 1.5 mile oval course on Lake Agnes.
• A host of vintage watercraft will be on display along with the opportunity to meet the drivers and take photographs.
• Aerial demonstrations of rare aircraft will be performed throughout the day.
• The Fantasy of Flight museum attraction and exhibit airplanes will be available to Roar n’ Soar attendees.
• Aerobatic shows featuring giant scale R/C model replica aircraft will take place throughout each day.
• Colorful canopies will fill the sky when a team of powered paragliders take to the air.
• Expert hang glider pilots will performing aerial demonstrations throughout the weekend.
All aerial events are subject to the weather conditions.
Here’s a quick look at last year’s event:
Event hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 13 and Sunday, November 14, 2010.
Adult tickets are $23 for one day and $38 for two days. Child’s tickets are $12 (ages 6-15) for one day and $19 for two days. Children 5 and younger are free. Advance ticket purchasers receive a free children’s admission with each paid adult’s admission. Active-duty military and veterans may purchase a weekend event pass (two-day ticket) for just $15 (tax included) per adult, which includes a free child’s two-day ticket with each adult ticket purchase. Visit roar-n-soar.com for more information.
Fantasy of Flight 15th Year Anniversary
In addition to Roar n’ Soar, Fantasy of Flight is celebrating their 15th Year Anniversary Friday, Nov. 26 to Sunday, Nov. 28, 2010.
This three-day celebration will include salutes to Fantasy of Flight early years, a variety of kid’s activities, special surprises at 3 p.m. each day and more.
The highlight of the anniversary extravaganza will be aerial demonstrations by 15 different planes over the long weekend. Following each aerial demonstration, an “Open Cockpit” opportunity will allow guests the chance to step into the cockpit of each of these legendary aircraft.
Fantasy of Flight is located at exit 44 off I-4, halfway between Tampa and Orlando. For more on Fantasy of Flight, get your copy of the Winter 2011 issue of Orlando Attractions Magazine.