Priscilla Presley is set to host an “Elegant Southern Style Weekend” at Graceland from Sept. 27-29, and will be joined by chefs, designers, event planners and lifestyle experts who will show guests how to incorporate Southern culture into their lives.
The weekend will feature seminars, parties and events, hands-on workshops, food and more – all at Graceland.
“The years I spent living at Graceland are among the most memorable in my life,” said Presley. “There are so many reasons I love Memphis and the entire Southern region of the United States. It’s the food, gorgeous homes and gardens, it’s the unique combination of style and substance. And, for sure, it’s the people. There’s just nothing like the warmth of a Southerner. I’m really excited to celebrate Southern Style at Graceland with our amazing lineup of speakers and events.”
During the three-day weekend event, guests will have the chance to learn from special guests at five seminars covering topics like:
- Southern Hospitality & Entertaining
- Outdoor Living: Home & Garden
- Southern Décor & Architecture
- Home Cooking: Southern Style
- Head-to-Toe Southern Fashion
Each seminar will feature multiple experts, demonstrations, tips, and the chance to ask Presley and the panelists questions. The weekend will also include multiple dinners and parties, food and drink tastings, crafting workshops and The Style of Graceland show – where Presley and Graceland’s Head of Archives Angie Marchese will offer insight into the design of the home.
Special guests announced to attend include:
- Award-winning Chef Kelly English, owner of Restaurant Iris
- Leigh Anne Tuohy, motivational speaker and the real-life inspiration behind the film “The Blind Side”
- Pat Kerr, America’s first bridal couture designer
- Sid and Ann Mashburn, who worked together to form one of the most successful Southern-based clothing companies
- Event planner Troy Williams
- Janie Bryant, Emmy Award-winning costume designer known for “Mad Men” and HBO’s “Deadwood”.
- Zoe Gowan, Senior Homes Editor at Southern Living Magazine
- Hal Lansky, president of Lansky Bros. Clothier to the King
- Art Chadwick, owner of Chadwick & Sons Orchids and author of “The Classic Cattleyas”.
More speakers will be announced soon.
In addition to the event’s offerings, guests will be able to tour Graceland Mansion, Elvis Presley’s Memphis entertainment and exhibit complex, the new Graceland Exhibition center, and get to stay at The Guest House at Graceland at a discounted rate.
To learn more about this event and other happenings at Graceland, visit Graceland.com.