Universal Orlando Resort’s Food and Beverage team has shared their recipe for a Seuss Landing specialty — the Green Eggs and Ham Tots!
Check out the recipe below:
- 2 cups worth of tater tots (frozen ones work!)
- 2 tablespoons worth of diced ham (about 2 slices)
- 1/4 cup of white cheddar queso
- 2 Eggs, to make them green:
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/4 cup of Italian parsley
- 5 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Prepare the spinach pesto by combining the spinach, parsley, basil leaves, parmesan, and olive oil into a blender and pulse until the ingredients are mixed together. (Alternatively, you can just use store-bought pesto sauce.)
- In a bowl, mix together one tablespoon of pesto with 1/2 cup of scrambled egg (two eggs).
- Place egg mixture into a small baking dish and set in the preheated oven for 6 minutes. (Alternatively, cook them in a pan on the stovetop, stiring as you cook them.)
- Once finished, remove eggs, fluff, and set aside.
- Prepare the tater tots according to package directions and then set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate to remove excess grease. (Air frying also works well without the grease if you have an air fryer.)
- Place queso into a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 20 seconds.
- Place tater tots into a tin or a small oven-safe baking dish. Cover them with the warm green eggs and about 1/2 of the ham, then place in the oven (still at 375℉) for about three minutes.
- Pull the tots out of the oven and pour queso over the entire plate, ensuring proper coverage. Garnish with remaining ham.
Here’s a video of us making it at home:
We want to see your creations if you decide to give this recipe from the Green Eggs and Ham Cafe a try! Be sure to share photos with us on Twitter at @Attractions.