Recipe: Make the PB and J Rolls from Lamplight Lounge at home
Put a new spin on a classic lunchtime sandwich with this recipe for the PB and J Rolls from Lamplight Lounge at Disney California Adventure!
Check out the recipe below:
Peanut Butter Rolls
- 8 slices of wheat bread
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup of strawberry or grape jelly
For Peanut Butter Rolls:
- Cut crusts off bread. Flatten bread with rolling pin until bread can bind after being rolled.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter evenly on each slice of flattened bread, leaving a small boarder on all sides. The peanut butter will spread as you roll.
- Starting with the long side of the bread, gently roll up each bread slice into a spiral. Cut each roll into 4 even pieces.
- Place 8 pieces of rollups onto each plate, seam-side down.
For Jelly Drizzle:
- Place plastic quart-size freezer bag into small cup, folding back first few inches of the bag over the top of the cup.
- Spoon the jelly into the bag, gently shaking the bag to move the jelly to the bottom. (Note: If the jelly is too thick to drizzle, add a small amount of warm water to the jelly in a small bowl and mix to the desired consistency before adding it to the bag.)
- Holding right below the twisted top of the bag with one hand and guiding with your free hand, gently squeeze to drizzle the jelly over each peanut butter roll with a zig-zag motion.
Cook’s Note: A squeezable bottle of jelly is an easy option. Simply squeeze, in a zig-zag motion, the desired amount of jelly over each peanut butter roll.
We want to see your creations if you decide to give this PB and J Rolls recipe a try! Be sure to share photos with us on Twitter at @Attractions.