With home baking rising as a new trend in the time of quarantine, Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant at Disney Springs aims to kick it up a notch with an at-home recipe for their Irish soda bread.
Until the pub reopens and welcomes back guests, this recipe, shared by the Central Florida Tourism Collective, might be able to hold you over. Check it out below:
Irish Brown Bread
Makes 4 loaves (halve the recipe to bake 2 loaves)
- 1/2 cup of Guinness
- 4 pounds of Whole Meal Flour
- 3/4 pound of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda
- 4 cups of oats, rolled
- 4 ounces of Molasses
- 2 quarts of Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry in three batches as you mix and fold by hand lightly; the mixture should be quite sticky.
- Portion into greased or buttered muffin, loaf, or round cake pans.
- Sprinkle lightly with oats.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown and it makes a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom—about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the pans and cool slightly.
- Enjoy with Kerrygold Irish butter or Raglan Road’s Guinness Reduction and Olive oil.
- 1 pint of Guinness
- 2 cups of sugar
- Combine the Guinness and sugar in a large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until reduced by half (approximately 1 hour). Don’t leave the pot unattended while it comes to a boil, as it could boil over.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
Place 2 ounces of Olive oil in a saucer or small plate and drizzle 2 ounces of room temperature Guinness Reduction. Serve as a dip.
We want to see your creations if you decide to give this recipe for Raglan Road’s Irish soda bread a try! Be sure to share photos with us on Twitter at @Attractions.
To learn more about Raglan Road at Disney Springs, visit RaglanRoad.com.