On Saturday, Oct. 12, Ripley’s Believe It or Not on International Drive will hold its second annual Oddtoberfest from noon to 5 p.m. It’s a day to pay homage and celebrate the unusual, and the public is invited to take part in this free event.
The day’s events include:
• Sensei Mike Reeves and his Over the Edge Team display their amazing karate skills. Reeves will break bricks and boards and even attempt to break a few world records.
• “Trick Ropin’ Trevor” Dreher will display his world-class trick roping talents.
• “Qubits” founder Mark Burginger will build a 13-foot-tall tower made entirely from Qubits toy pieces. He and the company were featured on ABC’s Shark Tank.
• Live music from Beebs and Her Money Makers. Fresh off the Vans Warped Tour, the group is as close to being Ripley’s house band as you can get. Ripley’s sponsored them on the Vans tour, and the band shot the video for their hit Jumpin’ at the Orlando Odditorium.
• Amazing vehicles from Parker Brothers Concepts; see the famous Green Machine, powered by a motorcycle engine.
• Food trucks
• Carnival games and prizes
• Face painting
• Temporary tattoo artist
• Bounce house
The event will be held in the parking lot rain or shine and is free to the public. Guests who want to tour the Odditorium will be required to purchase tickets.
Check out a behind the scenes look at the filming of Beebs and her Money Makers’ music video “Jumpin’,” shot at the Orlando odditorium, on the June 13, 2013 episode of “Orlando Attractions Magazine – The Show”: