Opening on April 3, guests of all ages will be able to challenge their friends and family to see which team speeds to victory. Starting at the top of a 68-foot-tall tower, riders will grab a two-person raft before racing along the 650-foot slide — with low walls to keep an eye on their opponents, high-speed tunnels, twists and turns. Riptide Race has a height requirement of 42 inches, so nearly everyone in the family can slide.
“We are thrilled to introduce Riptide Race, an experience you won’t find anywhere else in Florida. Aquatica is the first waterpark in the state to have a dueling racer and we know our guests are going to love the fun of challenging their friends and family in a race to the finish,” said Kyle Miller, park president. “Riptide Race is the perfect addition to our attraction portfolio, complementing what is already one of the most family-friendly waterslide lineups in Orlando. Health and safety continue to be a top priority for our parks, and we can’t wait to see our guests enjoy this new ride.”
After reaching the splashdown, guests can refuel at two new dining experiences: Ke-Re’s Bar and Papa’s Cantina.
Ke-Re’s Bar offers an open-air bar experience where guests can enjoy views of the park, soak in the Florida sunshine, or watch the latest sports action. Handcrafted cocktails on the menu include:
- Pineapple Plunge – Malibu Coconut Rum and Pineapple with a twist of Amaretto and Butterscotch
- Orlando Vice – A fusion of two classics, Piña Colada and Strawberry Daiquiri
- Ke-Re’s Riptide Margarita – Milagro Tequila, mixed with Lemonade, Cranberry, Strawberry, and Lime
Papa’s Cantina, opening soon, will offer a new menu full of crave-able bites and flights, including:
- Signature Empanadas with a variety of fillings, like buffalo chicken, beef and cheese, or spinach artichoke. For dessert, try the hazelnut empanada.
- Boneless Wings that are seasoned and hand tossed in Papa’s signature sauces.
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Refreshers, featuring Barrilitos Aguas Frescas. Flavors include Watermelon, Strawberry Hibiscus and Mango Lime.
- Papa’s Special, the ultimate combination of four (4) empanadas, 12 boneless wings, and a choice of three (3) signature dipping sauces.
Aquatica Orlando is operating with modified health and safety protocols in place, including increased cleaning and sanitation, temperature checks, face covering requirements, and limited capacity.
We got to check out the construction of Riptide Race last year on “The Attractions Show!,” which you can check out below: