SeaWorld Orlando’s Inside Look will soon be back for 2021, offering guests the chance to hear and see firsthand the work that goes into taking care of the park’s animals from the experts who do it every day.
This round of Inside Look will feature six behind-the-scenes locations, accessible to small groups to limit capacity and maintain physical distancing. Guests can also attend socially-distanced Trainer Talks with one of the park’s animal care specialists. Inside Look tours and Trainer Talks are available at each location at various times on Saturdays and Sundays from Jan. 9-17.
The locations for Inside Look are:
- SeaWorld Rescue Center – Visit the home base of the SeaWorld Rescue Team and meet and hear from the dedicated veterinarians, animal care personnel, lab technicians and filtration experts who work around the clock to deliver life-saving care to animals in need.
- Dive Operations at Manatee Underwater Viewing – Meet the divers, learn more about the basics of diving, and find out about some of the secrets of what it takes to be a part of SeaWorld’s dive team.
- Beluga & Seal Primary Housing – Step into the maze of back hallways that provide service access to the beluga whales and harbor seals that call Wild Arctic home, plus meet the team that spends their days caring for these animals.
- Shark Encounter – Get a topside view at Shark Encounter and unlock the mysteries of caring for the sharks and sawfish in SeaWorld’s 700,000-gallon shark habitat. Visit the medical pool and learn how a shark receives its an annual physical, or observe the moving walkway used to temporarily divide the exhibit for cleaning and understand how the sharks are fed. This location is not ADA accessible.
- Manta Aquarium – Go above the surface, literally, and discover what it looks like towering over the depths of Manta’s main aquarium to learn what goes into caring for the wide array of fish, rays, sea dragons, live corals, and giant Pacific octopus that call Manta home. This location is not ADA accessible.
- Trainer Talks – Join the park’s trainers to hear them share their passion for animal care and learn about training and husbandry techniques with the animals. The Trainer Talks take place behind-the-scenes at locations throughout the park including Dolphin Theater, Sea Lion and Otter Theater, and Orca Encounter.
New for this year, on Saturdays during Inside Look weekends, guests can enjoy a signature meal at Sharks Underwater Grill, hosted by members of the SeaWorld Rescue and Zoological Operations teams at SeaWorld Orlando, as well as see a presentation on the park’s commitment to research and rescue. Booking in advance is recommended as capacity is limited.
To learn more about Inside Look weekends at SeaWorld Orlando, click here.