Christian music fans can start 2018 off on a high note with a day of fun and worship at SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave concert series. This live event takes place every Saturday from Jan. 20 – Feb. 10.
Guests will enjoy live musical performances from some of the biggest names in Christian music, and celebrate in a fun atmosphere full of friendship, thrills and inspiring animal attractions.
Praise Wave 2018’s musical performances include:
- Saturday, Jan. 20 – Steven Curtis Chapman: In his 30-year career, Chapman is the most awarded artist in Christian music history with 58 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards, five Grammys, one American Music Award, 48 No. 1 singles, over 11 million albums sold, and ten RIAA-certified gold and platinum albums to his name.
- Saturday, Jan. 27 – Lecrae: Lecrae is a two-time Gramma Award-winning hip-hop artist. His 2014 album, “Anomaly,” debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200, Rap, Christian, Gospel, Digital and Independent charts. With seven studio albums and mixtapes under his belt, he has sold more than 1.9 million copies and co-headlined many best-selling U.S. tours.
- Saturday, Feb. 3 – Switchfoot: Since their 1997 debut with “The Legend of Chin,” Switchfoot has been steadily expanding their global fanbase with releases including “The Beautiful Letdown” (2003), and the Grammy Award-winning “Hello Hurricane” (2009). The band is also known for their philanthropic efforts through the band’s Bro-Am Foundation.
- Sunday, Feb. 4 – Colton Dixon: This Tennessee native got his start on season 11 of “American Idol.” His debut album, “A Messenger,” was the No. 1 bestselling album of 2013 by a new Christian artist. Dixon’s concerts will take place at 1 and 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 10 – MercyMe: This Grammy-nominated, American Music Award and Dove Award-winning band has sold more than 8.5 million units in CD, single and DVD sales, and won 27 No. 1 multi-format Christian radio singles. MercyMe has also seen mainstream radio success with songs like “Here With Me,” “Homesick,” “So Long Self” and “I Can Only Imagine.”
- Sunday, Feb. 11 – Matthew West: West’s latest studio album, “All In,” continues his passion for storytelling through song, and includes his No. 1 single, “Broken Things.” Another of his albums, “Live Forever,” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Chrsitian Sales Chart.
The concerts will take place at 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. each Saturday, and at 1 and 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 4, in the SeaWorld Orlando’s Nautilus Theater, and are included with regular park admission. However, reserved seating packages for all performances are available starting at $19, and can be reserved online.
For more information on Praise Wave at SeaWorld Orlando and to purchase tickets, visit seaworldorlando.com.