SeaWorld San Antonio is putting its own spin on the traditional Mardi Gras celebration by bringing the Big Easy to San Antonio with their Mardi Gras event.
Kicking off on Saturday, Jan. 15 and running through Feb. 27, the entire park will be “jazzed up” for a New Orleans-style carnival, complete with live music, extravagant costumes, Mardi Gras-inspired culinary offerings — including Cajun and Creole food items — and alcoholic drink specials, in addition to thrilling rides, animal encounters, and coasters.
Highlights of the event include:
- A brand-new Sesame Street Mardi Gras Parade, debuting this month, that will feature festively-decorated floats, lively tunes, dancing, and Sesame Street friends dressed up for the occasion.
- Traditional French Quarter cuisine at Bayou Bites, like spicy shrimp and pork jambalaya, crispy fried ship po-boys with remoulade sauce, shrimp and andouille skewers with dirty rice, and freshly-made beignets.
- Mardi Gras-themed alcoholic beverages at King’s Concoctions, including the famous Hurricane, frozen Daiquiri, and the signature Carnival Cocktail crafted from vodka, blue curacao, peach schnapps and melon liqueur — and all beverages are served in a souvenir cup.
- Lively entertainment, including colorful characters, jugglers, and acrobats, plus zydeco music from the Platinum Players.
- Carnival-inspired souvenirs available at the Jester’s Closet, including masks, beads, boas, and other keepsakes.
- All of this plus the animal presentations, exhibits, and coasters that SeaWorld San Antonio guests know and love.
To learn more, or to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorld.com/San-Antonio.