Back by popular demand, SeaWorld San Diego’s Inside Look experience is returning this month.
A one-of-a-kind experience that’s free with park admission, Inside Look gives SeaWorld guests the chance to go behind the scenes and see what the veterinarians see, go where the rescue team goes and learn how the animal experts at the park care for and rescue animals.
New opportunities for Inside Look will be Turtle Talks and Beluga Care and Conservation. The experience will be held for two weekends, Sept. 8-9 and 15-16.
“Connecting our guests with animals is extremely important to all of us at SeaWorld,” said Jody Westberg, a member of SeaWorld’s rescue team. “Through Inside Look, we can create connections that are even deeper as they get to see exactly what we do to care for our animals, both those that are part of our park family and those that we rescue.”
Guests simply can pick up an Event Map in-park and see any of the 11 Inside Look areas that focus on rescue, care, conservation, and research.
Four of those locations are considered behind the scenes, and the seven other locations are in amphitheaters or other open spaces where guests can meet the animal experts. Guests can get their map stamped at any of the Inside Look venues, and receive a SeaWorld Expert Explorer pin if they collect eight stamps.
Check out all the Inside Looks offerings below:
Special Access Behind-the-Scenes Locations
- Animal Health & Rescue Center & Water Systems
- Learn how SeaWorld’s hospital, laboratory and rescue center operate
- Learn how SeaWorld vets X-ray birds or get blood samples from dolphins
- Learn how SeaWorld maintains more than 13 million gallons of water
- Sea Otter Care & Conservation
- Learn about how the otter surrogacy program works
- Find out what types of enrichment are provided to the sea otters
- Bird Rescue & Conservation
- Learn how the park’s Oiled Wildlife Care Center and Bird Rescue Center operate
- Find out how SeaWorld participates in the Species Survival Plan for endangered birds
- Explorer’s Reef Life Support System
- Learn how SeaWorld aquarists maintain water quality and top-notch care for the sharks, crabs and fish in four saltwater and freshwater pools
- Orca Care & Research
- Find out how SeaWorld research is helping whales in the wild
- Learn how SeaWorld is working with NOAA to help J50, a malnourished wild killer whale in the Pacific Northwest
- Flamingo Care
- Learn how flamingos get their color
- Find out why flamingos stand on one leg
- Sea Lion and Otter Care & Behavior
- Learn how trainers use positive reinforcement
- Learn about techniques for shaping behavior
- Turtle Talks
- Learn about the different species of sea turtles
- Learn about sea turtle conservation projects around the world
- Learn what you can do to help protect sea turtles and their ocean habitat
- Dolphin Care & Behavior
- Learn about HELPRS (Husbandry, Exercise, Learning, Play, Relationship, Shows)
- Beluga Care & Conservation
- Find out about animals’ unique adaptations to the harsh Arctic environment
- Find out about their prey and predators, and man-made threats
- Learn what you can do to help protect Arctic animals
- Penguin Care & Research
- Learn what it takes to create and maintain a frosty Antarctic environment for hundreds of penguins of six different species
- Hear about SeaWorld’s expertise in penguin husbandry, breeding and diets
Also back by popular demand is SeaWorld San Diego’s SoCal Pass, for a limited time only. During the month of September, the 12-month SoCal Pass is only $99.99. This pass gives Southern California residents year-long access to SeaWorld’s attractions and seasonal events. Guests can either pay the pass off up-front or choose a monthly payment plan of less than $9 per month. This offer ends Sept. 30.
To learn more about SeaWorld San Diego’s offerings and ticket options, visit SeaWorld.com/San-Diego.