Sony aquapark coming to Thailand with Men in Black, Ghostbusters, Jumanji and more
Sony Pictures Entertainment and Amazon Falls have announced a new deal to develop a 14-acre location in Bangsaray, Thailand — just 20 minutes from Pattaya and 90 minutes from Bangkok — for the world’s first Columbia Pictures theme park and waterpark, “Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse.”
Rides and attractions for the Sony aquapark are set to begin opening this October, and will feature experiences that bring to life beloved characters from movies like “Ghostbusters,” “Jumanji,” “Bad Boys,” “Men in Black,” and “Hotel Transylvania.”
We are delighted to be teaming up with Liakat Dhanji and Amazon Falls on launching Sony Pictures’ first theme and water park and are inspired by his vision of creating an immersive entertainment destination for Thailand.
Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse is the next step in Sony Pictures’ larger global strategy to grow and expand location-based entertainment by utilizing its strong global film and TV brands. We are creating opportunities for all audiences around the world to immerse themselves deeper into our stories through water parks, touring exhibitions, and theme park attractions.Jeffrey Godsick, EVP of Global Partnerships and Brand Management and Head of Location Based Entertainment at Sony Pictures Entertainment
The park will offer something for all ages with eight themed zones packed with both water- and land-based attractions and live shows, entertainment, interactive props, unique sets, themed restaurants, and specialty retail locations.
Attractions that guests can look forward to in the Sony aquapark include:
- Men In Black Thrill Rides: Aquaverse’s most thrilling rides and attractions can be found here, including hair-raising water coaster rides — one of which as a 12-meter free-fall ride that sends you careening down an MIB wormhole.
- Ghostbusters Supernatural Experience: Step into the Ghostbusters portal and zip across ghost traps as you glide down a water coaster or date to enter the world’s first and only fully-enclosed water dome in a family raft ride.
- Bad Boys Raceway: Experience the thrill of the chase and put the pedal to the metal around outdoor go-kart tracks in a neon Miami-themed racecourse.
- Jumanji Jungle Adventure: Brave the world of Jumanji as you race through jungle-themed water slides, visiting Jaguar Mountain while being chased by Mandrills before plunging into Jumanji’s splash pool.
- Hotel Transylvania Kid-Friendly Zone: Aquaverse’s biggest water park attraction will have over 100 water features, splash buckets, water rockets and more.
- Surf’s Up in Surfers Paradise: Catch some waves on this water park attraction with a dual Flowrider.
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Swallow Falls River Adventure: Tour Aquaverse along the lazy river and see some of the Foodimals featured in the animated film.
- VIVO Wave Pool: Relax in a giant wave pool inspired by the upcoming animated musical, which is a perfect venue for hosting music events and live shows.
Sony Pictures Entertainment and Columbia Pictures’ breadth of global content, technology and talent leadership will be invaluable in creating a fully-immersive experience that will bring curiosity and wonder to a global audience.
The launch of Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse represents a first step in what we envision to be a broader collaboration that will pioner the future of an integrated entertainment destination as part of the EEC’s smart city. Alongside our unique rides and attractions, we look forward to forging new partnerships with top accommodation, technology, retail, and F&B partners as we curate an unmatched lifestyle experience that will resonate with all our visitors.Liakat Dhanji, CEO and Chairman of Amazon Falls Co. Ltd., owners and operators of Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse
To learn more about the new Sony aquapark, visit ColumbiaPicturesAquaverse.com.