Sony Pictures Entertainment has launched a new YouTube channel aimed at giving parents and kids a one-stop place for interactive fun, physical movement, learning, and hands-on activities, called Sony Pictures’ Kids Zone.
Sony Pictures’ Kids Zone offers a wide variety of activities to support families dealing with school closures, working from home, and keeping distance from others.
“A significant portion of Sony Pictures’ workforce is made up of working parents. The Idea of Sony Pictures’ Kids Zone was born from parents on our own team adjusting to working from home and managing home schooling,” said Lexine Wong, senior executive vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “We are proud to offer this resource to help families navigate these new and challenging circumstances, while hopefully having a little fun in the process.”
The YouTube channel will feature content from Sony Pictures Animation, as well as the studio’s catalog of live action films, including “Peter Rabbit,” “The Angry Birds Movie” series, the “Hotel Transylvania” series, “Center Stage: On Pointe,” the “Swan Princess” series, and more.
Families can tune in every Tuesday and Thursday for new content, including artistic crafts, treats, DIY projects, scientific experiments, energetic dance-alongs, karaoke sing-alongs, a “just for laughs” section, and more.
Highlights of the channel’s launch content include:
- Peter Rabbit “Make Your Own McGregor Garden”
- The Angry Birds Movie 2 “Bird Watching”
- Hotel Transylvania 3 “It’s Party Time” by Joe Jonas Lyric Video
- Center Stage: On Pointe “Dance Tutorial with Chloe”
- The Star “There’s No Me Without You” Sing-along with Bo and Friends
- Smurfs: The Lost Village “Learn to Draw Brainy Smurf”
- Zathura “Motion Storyboook”: Read by author Chris Van Allsburg
To check out Sony Pictures’ Kids Zone, visit YouTube.com/SonyPicturesKidsZone.