Calling all podracers! “Star Wars Episode I: Racer” is now available for digital purchase on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
The classic Nintendo 64 racing game based on the podracing sequence in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace” is now available with modernized controls for $14.99.
“Get ready to start your engines because one of the galaxy’s most dangerous races is on with the launch of ‘Star Wars Episode I: Racer,'” said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr. “Now on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for the first time, we can’t wait to see fans’ reactions as they experience this Nintendo 64 classic on modern platforms.”
“Star Wars Episode I: Racer” lets players take control of their very own podracer as they speed through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and more in the fight to the finish line. Features of the game include:
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks that span eight planets including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Players can work with pit droids to upgrade their podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short cuts and secrets to improve lap times
- Play single-player campaigns or split-screen multiplayer