Pinball fans will flip for this news: Star Wars Pinball is coming to the Nintendo Switch on Sept. 13!
Just announced at Star Wars Celebration Chicago, this is the first Star Wars game to be released on the Nintendo platform. The game will make its debut with its entire collection of 19 digital pinball tables that cover all three eras of Star Wars, as well as utilize the Switch’s functionalities like Rumble and vertical play orientation.
The game will be available both in the Nintendo eShop, as well as physically – for the first time ever. Players can test their skills through different gameplay modes that will only be available on the console. These include the community-wide Galactic Struggle, which allows fans to play for the Light or Dark Side; a Career mode where players can join the ranks of the Jedi or Sith; a Force Training mode to help pinball padawans hone their skills; or simply play any table to unlock special Force Power bonuses.
“As soon as we announced Pinball FX3 for Nintendo Switch in 2017, the main question we always received from fans was ‘where’s Star Wars?’,” said Mel Kirk, vice president of publishing at Zen Studios. “We’re thrilled to bring the Star Wars Pinball experience to fans who have been eager for its arrival on Nintendo Switch. Combining the amazing Star Wars Pinball collection with the innovative hardware features available on Nintendo Switch provides a really outstanding experience in the home, on the road or anywhere else in the galaxy.”
Star Wars-themed tables on the game will include:
- Film Adaptations – Episodes IV, V, VI, VII and VIII, as well as “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and “Solo: A Star Wars Story”
- TV Adaptations – “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and “Star Wars Rebels”
- Characters – Han Solo, Darth Vader, Lando Calrissian in The Calrissian Chronicles table, Boba Fett, Droids
- Locations – Ahch-To Island, Mimban (Battle of Mimban)
- Themes – Jedi vs. Sith (Masters of the Force), X-Wings vs. TIE Fighters (Starfighter Assault), being the bad guy (Might of the First Order)
For more information, visit StarWarsPinball.com. Check out the announcement video for the new video game below: