Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is transforming the ways guests can choose to visit the Zoo through the introduction of new ticket and new membership programs.
Any Zoo guest, adult or child, can “pay for a day, come back the rest of year” (through 2016) with the new ZooperPass. Additionally, the Zoo is introducing a new annual membership program with three options that can easily be tailored to individual needs, offering greater value and improved benefits, including a unique “plus guest” privilege. Zoo members can also take advantage of free access to the 2016 seasonal event series (new Summer Sunset Celebration, ZooBoo and new Christmas in the Wild), along with discounts on separate ticket events.
“We’re reshaping the way our guests can personalize their visits to our world class Zoo,” said Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo CEO Joe Couceiro. “Our goal is to offer our visitors absolutely the best value on engaging and unforgettable connections to wildlife, as well as to each other.”
UPDATE: June 2, 2020: Note that this article is from 2015 and the prices are no longer valid.
Pay For A Day, Come Back The Rest Of The Year Free
For the price of a single-day adult or child admission, guests can come back to visit free as often as they wish through the end of 2016. Guests can purchase the pass (nicknamed ZooperPass) online or at the Zoo’s ticket windows for $29.95 (adult) or $22.95 (child age 3-11). This is a limited time offer. The pass is valid from the date of purchase through Dec. 31, 2016. Some blackout dates apply.
Zoo Annual Membership Program
The Zoo is also introducing a new membership program with three simplified packages customized to fit each member’s needs:
• Individual Plus (one member plus guest) for $79
• Dual Plus (two members plus guest) for $105
• Family Plus (two adults, all dependent children under 18, plus guest) for $149
With the inclusive “plus guest” privilege members can bring any guest of their choice (adult or child) on each visit. Extra guests can be added to any of the three memberships for $30 per person.
Memberships are valid for a full 12 months from the date of purchase and offer the best value with a variety of exclusive benefits:
• Unlimited admissions for all members (no blackout dates) for 12 full months from the date of purchase
• Free guest with each member visit
• Unlimited access to the 2016 seasonal event series (new Summer Sunset Celebration, ZooBoo and new Christmas in the Wild)
• Preferred parking (based on availability)
• Discounts on Zoo dining, shopping and education programs
• Discounts on separate ticket events
• Invitations to special member-only events
• Free or discounted admission to over 150 zoos and aquariums in the U.S.
Single-day admission is $29.95 (adult) or $22.95 (child 3-11), with a senior discounted rate of $27.95. The lowest price tickets are available online for $27.95 adult and $20.95 child.
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is open seven days a week, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Parking is free. Visit LowryParkZoo.org or call (813) 935-8552 for information.