This year’s Halloween Horror Nights Terror Tram at Universal Studios Hollywood will include a Jordan Peele crossover experience that will feature The Tethered – a revolutionary army of vengeful doppelgangers from “Us” – invading the all-new Jupiter’s Claim set from the filmmaker’s latest supernatural thriller, “Nope.”
Unique to Universal Studios Hollywood, Terror Tram transports guests to the famous movie studio backlot, where they’ll explore sections by foot. This year, the villainous Hollywood Harry unravels “Hollywood Harry’s Halloween” that winds past the iconic Psycho House and through Steven Spielberg’s War of the Worlds set.
The worlds of Jordan Peele’s films will collide as guests make their way through a choreographed massacre at the Jupiter’s Claim set from “Nope,” only to encounter The Tethered from “Us” in a frightening finale.
In addition to the Terror Tram, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood will include the following horrifying experiences:
- The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare – Guests will be taken into the twisted mind of the multi-award-winning artist The Weeknd as they step into a surreal living nightmare filled with grotesque characters and themes inspired by his music and short films.
- The Horrors of Blumhouse – Brings both Blumhouse’s supernatural thriller “The Black Phone” and horror-comedy “Freaky” to life.
- Universal Monsters: Legends Collide – Expands on the thrilling legacy from Universal Pictures as the most notorious horror icons, The Wolf Man, Dracula, and The Mummy, who come together for the first time ever in an epic battle.
- Halloween – Flashing back to where it all began in an eerily authentic haunted house that depicts the most chilling moments from the critically-acclaimed original film.
- MGM’s Killer Klowns from Outer Space – Guests are trapped in a frightening funhouse filled with murderous clown-like creatures.
- La Llorona: The Weeping Woman – Features the legend of La Llorona, who comes to life to terrorize the living as she mourns the children she murdered.
- Scarecrow: The Reaping – Mother Nature’s retribution against homesteaders for their past sins will be carried out by the farmland’s scarecrows, who have remained mute witnesses – and are now guardians of destruction for anyone who crosses their path.
- Universal Horror Hotel – The hotel’s original owner (who was executed years ago for his dastardly deeds) continues to haunt the place today – and guests must escape his vengeful spirit or risk becoming permanent residents.
All-new Halloween Horror Nights scare zones include:
- El Pueblo del Terror – An extension of La Llorona: The Weeping Woman as guests discover there’s no escaping the frightening legend and other supernatural characters from Latin America’s most frightening myths.
- Sideshow Slaughterhouse – New York Street becomes a battle zone as the performers and workers from a seedy carnival sideshow are on a murderous rampage.
- Clownsawz – Features a demonic troop of clowns who band together to terrorize guests with chainsaws as they enter the park.
But that’s not all.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be open, including Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff – and for the first time ever Voldemort’s most devoted followers – the Death Eaters – will roam Hogsmeade village looking for those willing to show loyalty to the Dark Lord’s cause.
- Award-winning hip-hop dance crew Jabbawockeez is performing an all-new, high-energy show featuring their signature gravity-defying dance moves, special effects, and heart-pounding music.
- Plus, select attractions will be open during the event, including Jurassic World—The Ride, Transformers: The Ride-3D, Revenge of the Mummy—The Ride, and The Simpsons Ride.
Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood runs on select nights from Sept. 8 to Oct. 31, 2022. Tickets can be purchased online or at the Universal Studios Hollywood front gate, providing guests with Early Event Admission to select houses beginning at 6 p.m. each night of the event (subject to change).
Also available are the Frequent Fear Pass and Ultimate Fear Pass, which allow guests to experience the scares again and again, and the Universal Express, which includes one-time express entry to each haunted house, Terror Tram, ride, and attraction (does not apply to food and retail locations). In addition, guests can book a guided R.I.P. Tour that features exclusive experiences.
Halloween Horror Nights is not recommended for kids under 13.
Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
Check out our video of the Terror Tram from the 2021 Halloween Horror Night event at Universal Studios Hollywood: