Top tips for planning, staying and playing at the Disneyland Resort
When visiting the Disneyland Resort, guests can experience special moments and create unforgettable memories with their family and friends. With all-new experiences like Pixar Fest, amazing nighttime spectaculars, immersive attractions and entertainment, there are countless ways for guests to make the most of their trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.
Check out our top tips for planning staying and playing at the Disneyland Resort:
- Use the Official Disneyland App: The official app for the Disneyland Resort offers helpful information right at your fingertips, including locations and wait times for attractions, FastPass return times, maps, entertainment guides, dining menus and more. You can also use the app to purchase tickets, make dining reservations and find park hours.
- Disney Vacation Planning DVD: Get a sneak peek of the magical experiences in store for your Disneyland vacation with these informative videos. To order a Disney Vacation Planning DVD, visit DisneyPlanning.com.
- Disneyland Express: For guests flying into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) or John Wayne Airport (SNA), guests can climb aboard the Disneyland Express for an easy bus transfer to the Disneyland Resort. The Disneyland Express also offers transportation to Anaheim area hotels for those not staying on Disney property.
- Dining Reservations: Make dining reservations in advance at any of the resort’s award-winningrestaurants. Take advantage of special dining packages for a full-course meal and reserved viewing for “Fantasmic!” at Disneyland, and “World of Color” and “Paint the Night” parade at Disney California Adventure. To make reservations, guests can call 714-781-DINE, or book online at disneyland.com.
- Social Media: Keep up with the latest goings-on in the parks with DisneyParksBlog.com, and by searching the hashtags #Disneyland and #DisneyCaliforniaAdventure on Instagram and Twitter. You can also check out @Disneyland and @DisneylandToday on Twitter for more information.
Stay on property: Guests can enjoy many benefits if they stay at one of Disneyland’s three resort hotels: the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- Extra Magic Hour: Guests staying at any of the Disneyland Resort hotels can enjoy Extra Magic Hour entry into Disneyland or Disney California Adventure one hour before the parks open to regular day guests. This benefit is good for the length of your stay, and there are designated days for each park.
- Convenience and Service: Guests who stay at Disneyland Resort Hotels receive exclusive conveniences throughout their stay, including a Key to the Magic card for charging meals and merchandise to their room, straight-to-room delivery of luggage upon arrival, and even the Package Express Service, which delivers a guest’s resort merchandise purchases right to their hotel.
- Great Value: The latest offers on multiple-day tickets and vacation packages at the Resort hotels and nearby Good Neighbor hotels can be found online, at disneyland.com/offers.
- Take breaks: Don’t be afraid to head back to your resort for a mid-day nap during your vacation! Trying to get everything done at both parks within a few days can take a lot out of you – staying on property allows you to take some time to relax by the pool or in your hotel room when you need some down time from Disneyland.
- Grab those FastPasses: The Disney FastPass Service allows guests to reserve a specific timewindow to enjoy the parks’ attractions. When guests return during their reserved time, they can travel through a shorter queue line reserved for FastPass
holders. Guests are encouraged to pick up FastPasses early or at park open for the more popular attractions like Radiator Springs Racers and Mission: Breakout.
- Take advantage of Disney MaxPass: You can reserver FastPasses right from your phone through the use of Disney MaxPass. For just $10 per ticket per day, you can reserve FastPasses from your mobile device using the Disneyland app while in the parks. MaxPass also offers the chance to download and save your Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the day of use.
- Disney Photopass Service: Take photos! Disney PhotoPass photographers can be found throughout the park and at character, dining and special locations. Guests can link, view and purchase photos online at disneyland.com or from the Disneyland app.
- Fuel up with FuelRod: Keep your phone charged with a replaceable portable battery from a FuelRod kiosk, which can be found throughout the Disneyland Resort. Purchase a FuelRod kit for $30, and receive a charging cord, various phone adapters, and a battery that you can return to the machine to replace when it loses charge.
- Parent “Rider Switch”: The “rider switch” policy allows both parents the chance to ride their favorite attractions without double the wait. One parent can wait with a young child while the other parent rides the attraction, and then board the ride with a low wait once the first parent exits. Guests can ask Cast Members for more information about this option.
- Take in the shows and entertainment: Be sure not to miss Disneyland’s unique shows and entertainment, including parades, character meet-and-greets and shows, like “Mickey and the Magical Map” (Disneyland), “Frozen Live at the Hyperion Theater (Disney California Adventure), and “Fantasmic!” (Disneyland). Guests also have the chance to run into strolling performers and singers throughout the parks, including the Dapper Dans at Disneyland, and Five and Dime at Disney California Adventure.
- Spectacular nighttime fireworks: See fireworks light up the sky above Sleeping Beauty Castle as they’re choreographed to music with surprise appearances by Disney characters. Viewing locations can be found throughout Disneyland park, with the best spots being in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, in front of “it’s a small world” in Fantasyland, along Main Street, U.S.A. and along the Rivers of America in Frontierland.
What are some tips that you think are crucial to visiting Disneyland? Let us know in the comments below, and check out our website, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube Channel for all things Disney Parks.