Today, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea became the last of the Disney Parks worldwide to announce their official re-opening date. While they were the last to announce, they will not be the last to re-open. Both parks are re-opening on July 1.
The Tokyo Disney Resort originally closed Feb. 29 due to ongoing issues regarding the Corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic. While their shopping district, Ikspiari, re-opened on June 1, the actual parks were still waiting for their approval.
This new announcement now lets us see the official Disney roster of park re-openings around the world.
- Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea: July 1
- Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom: July 11
- Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Paris, and the Walt Disney Studios Park: July 15
- Disneyland California and Disney California Adventure: July 17
- All other Disney Parks worldwide have already re-opened
This also means that the park that started it all will be among the last to re-open. Disneyland opened with Walt Disney on July 17, 1955. It will re-open to guests after its temporary closure on July 17, 2020.