Topps Digital is hosting its first virtual convention to celebrate collector fandoms – DigiCon 2020!
By Niamh Larkin
Topps DigiCon 2020 will run from Aug. 27-30 and will include a variety of live and pre-recorded content, celebrity panels, Q&A sessions and live watch parties. The virtual convention will be broadcast using Topps Digital’s DigiCast channel on Twitch.
Convention appearances include legendary Disney actor John Ratzenberger, voice actor Ashley Eckstein, Disney Master artist Kevin Jon and the Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment, Brian Crosby.
For wrestling fans, there will be a fan-submitted question-and-answer session with WWE Superstars Alexa Bliss and Drew McIntyre using the WWE SLAM: Card Trader app.
Former Disney CEO and current Topps owner Michael Eisner will also make an appearance before the live watch party of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
The virtual convention will be headlined by an array of new in-app digital content releases and celebrity participation across all Topps Digital Apps.
The current schedule for DigiCon is as follows: (All appearances and timings are subject to change and times are set in EST)
- Thursday, Aug. 27:
- 11:30 a.m. – Virtual pre-recorded greeting from Topps CEO, Michael Brandstaedter
- 12:00 p.m. – Live interview with actress, voice actress and fashion designer Ashley Eckstein
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Live interview with notable Star Wars and Disney Master artist Kevin Jon
- Friday, Aug. 28:
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Q&A with WWE Superstars Alexa Bliss and Drew McIntyre
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Live interview with former Disney Imagineer and current Creative Director of MARVEL Themed Entertainment, Brian Crosby
- Saturday, August 29:
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. – Live interview with minimalist artist, S. Preston
- Sunday, August 30:
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. – Pre-recorded interview with actor and Disney legend, John Ratzenberger
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. – Pre-recorded lead-in from former Disney CEO and current Topps owner, Michael Eisner before The Little Mermaid Watch Party
Fans and virtual convention attendees can visit Play.ToppsApps.com for more information on the events and also follow along on Twitter and Instagram using #ToppsDigiCon.