To celebrate Earth Week last week, Disney D23 shared a lengthy video of creative leads from Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneynature discussing the natural world and its impact on a new generation.
Kevin Kern of the Walt Disney Archives is the host of the 40-minute (socially distant!) discussion, featuring a panel that includes:
- Joe Rohde – Portfolio Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Vanessa Berlowitz – Co-director and Producer, Disneynature’s “Elephant”
- Roy Conli – Producer, “Tangled,” “Big Hero 6,” Disneynature’s “Elephant,” “Dolphin Reef,” and “Penguins”
- Mark Linfield – Director and Producer, Disneynature’s “Elephant”
- Keith Scholey – Director and Producer, Disneynature’s “Dolphin Reef”
This discussion will explore the impact of Walt Disney’s documentary films and animated depictions of nature, as well as their influence on more recent works, like the newest Disneynature films on Disney+ and Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.
Watch the talk for yourself below: