Each weekend in October, the Waldorf Astoria Orlando will host special food and wine events. Hotel guests and non-hotel guests may enjoy a wide variety of specialty meals and experiences to complement the food and wine activities going on at Epcot.
Events at Orlando Food and Wine Weekends include:
• Trick or Treating for Adults will take place in all of the lounge locations. Purchase a passport to enjoy a featured drink at each of six lounge venues: Bull & Bear lounge, Aquamarine pool bar, Peacock Alley lounge, Sir Harry’s lounge, La Luce lounge, and Sena lounge. Passports are $50 per couple.
• Friday evenings at Bull & Bear restaurant foodies can enjoy “Grand Pairings” Wine Dinners. Enjoy a prix-fixe meal paired with wines from select wineries. Presenter Jim Boswell of Ferrari Carano Winery will discuss pairings from Ferrari Carano Winery at 7 p.m. on Oct. 14. Tax and gratuity are included in the $200 per person event fee.
• Bull & Bear will also offer a Prix-Fixe Chef’s Tasting Menu on select evenings. Chef David Sears will create a prix-fixe menu featuring food and wine pairings from first class wineries. Oct. 15 features Ferrari Carano Winery and Oct. 22 features Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars.
• On Oct. 21 Lori Barranon from Stag’s Leap Cellars and Liz Hannah from The Glenlivet Scotch will host Ashton Cigars “Grand Pairings” Wine & Cigar Dinner. Patrons will enjoy Ashton Cigars, Stag’s Leap Cellars wine, and The Glenlivet Scotch in addition to a meal. The third course will include bull and bear – a “briquette” of aged strip loin with truffle ashes, and “pressed” black bear braised in Syrah Jus. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. and costs $150 per person; tax and gratuity are included.
• Every Sunday from 10:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. in October there will be a Steak and Eggs Breakfast at Bull & Bear Restaurant. Breakfast is $49 per person and includes a drink from the Bloody Mary Station.
• Friday and Saturday evenings from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Waldorf Astoria’s pastry chefs are on hand at the Waldorf Astoria Chocolate Shop. The special venue has been created for Food & Wine Weekends. The pastry chefs will share tricks and tidbits during sugar-sweetened demos.
• Sir Harry’s will host Friday Night Flights Wine Tasting Experience. Tasting will take place each Friday evening from 6 to 10 p.m. for $25 per person. Oct. 14 features Ferrari Carano Winery; Oct. 21 features Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars.
• Live Entertainment on Friday and Saturday will be at Peacock Alley and Sir Harry’s Lounge.
The Waldorf Astoria will also be offering Orlando Food and Wine Weekend room packages. For more information or reservations visit waldorfastoriafoodwineweekends.com or call 888-353-2009 and reference FDWNFS.