Walt Disney Imagineering, ABC team up for new interactive series ‘Imagine from Home’
Walt Disney Imagineering and ABC have collaborated on a new interactive video series called “Imagine from Home,” available now on the streaming apps for the ABC Owned Television Stations.
In each episode, Imagineers will share their skills and passions by showing step-by-step instructions on how to draw or craft something inspired by the Disney Parks – all using materials that you’ll likely find at home.
From building a droid out of a soap bottle to creating a cardboard toy inspired by “it’s a small world,” fans can get creative with Imagineers with this five-episode series. All episodes are available now on ABC Owned Television Stations’ 32 connected TV apps across Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and on ImagineFromHome.com.
The five episodes are:
- Draw Your Castle with Imagineer Amy Young: Viewers learn to draw iconic Disney Castles with one of Imagineering’s principal interior designers. A co-creator of Disney Paper Parks, which allows guests to bring the magic of Disney Parks to their homes by constructing Disney attractions, lands and other locations out of paper, Young enjoyed hosting this drawing tutorial because she is able to be with the audience during the whole drawing process.
- Build Your R2 Droid with Imagineer Matthew Jamieson Abiva: Abiva demonstrates how to transform common household items, like soap dispensers and corks, into an R2 droid. He is happy to show you the process because it symbolizes what Imagineers do – use imagination and creativity to develop a design!
- Draw Your Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with Imagineer Reid Ekman: From the overall scene to the tiniest of details, learn step-by-step how to create Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with concept designer Ekman, who often creates models out of paper and clay.
- Make Your Castle Night Light with former Imagineer Elisabeth Papadopoulos: Learn to use simple household items to create a castle night light with Papadopoulos, who has worked as a producer and production designer at Walt Disney Imagineering. In her previous role as liaison between creative and concept development teams and design and production disciplines, she has organized and overseen the design and fabrication of many show elements including scenery, props, graphics, special effects, Audio-Animatronics figures, media, and more.
- Make Your Small World Animated Scene with Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen: Follow along step-by-step to learn how to turn cardboard into an animated scene, inspired by the beloved “it’s a small world” attraction. Chen describes her Imagineering designs as collaboration tools to move projects forward; most recently she has been working on the Fantasy Springs expansion at Tokyo DisneySea and Epcot’s Journey of Water.