Where to see Disney characters when Walt Disney World’s theme parks reopen
A big part of the magic at the Disney Parks is getting to see favorite Disney characters come to life, be it through parades or meet-and-greets.
With Walt Disney World’s theme parks beginning their phased reopening this weekend, some experiences will look a little different in order to accommodate for the new health and safety guidelines in place — including meeting Disney characters.
Here’s a breakdown of character appearances you can see that have been reimagined for physical distancing guidelines:
Magic Kingdom (Reopening July 11, 2020)
- “The Royal Princess Processional” – Several times daily, Disney princesses will parade through the streets of Magic Kingdom. Merida will lead the way on her loyal steed Angus, followed by a gazebo float and crystal castle featuring Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Rapunzel, and others.
- “Mickey and Friends Cavalcade” – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and all their friends will pop up throughout the day, inviting everyone to “Get Their Ears On” as they wave to guests along the park’s parade route.
- “Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade” – Gaston will lead the way on horseback for this special cavalcade, featuring Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Alice, and other Fantasyland friends.
- Cinderella’s Evil Stepsisters – From time to time, guests in Fantasyland may see Anastasia and Drizella and can interact with them from afar while they’re perched on a balcony of Cinderella Castle.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Reopening July 11, 2020)
- “Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!” – Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Launchpad McQuack wave to guests from their party boat as “Donald’s Dino Bash” moves from DinoLand U.S.A. to Discovery River.
- “Discovery River Character Cruise” – Throughout the day, guests can see Timon and Rafiki or Pocahontas with Meeko as they set sail on the park’s waterways.
- Discovery Island Drummers – These percussionists will cruise along Discovery River, entertaining guests on the shore with energetic beats.
Epcot (Reopening July 15, 2020)
- “Mickey and Friends World Tour” – As guests travel around World Showcase, they might spot Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and Goofy out sightseeing and waving to their friends.
- “Frozen Promenade” – Queen Anna and Elsa will venture into the unknown around World Showcase, traveling from country to country and waving to guests along the way.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Reopening July 15, 2020)
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Guests are likely to come across a few familiar faces while exploring Black Spire Outpost:
- Heroes of the Resistance, including Rey, Chewbacca and Vi Moradi, may be spotted on platforms above the garage in Black Spire Station or surveying activity near where the Millennium Falcon has landed.
- First Order Stormtroopers will join Kylo Ren in patrolling the landing platform at Docking Bay 9 beneath their TIE Echelon assault vehicle.
- “Pixar Pals Motorcade” – Some of your favorite characters from Pixar Animation Studios’ films will travel down Hollywood Boulevard accompanied by a celebratory musical score, from The Incredibles to the toys from “Toy Story.”
- “Disney Junior Stars Motorcade” – Throughout the day, Disney Junior stars including Fancy Nancy, Doc McStuffins and Vampirina will cruise down Hollywood Boulevard as they wave to fans from colorful custom convertibles.
We visited Magic Kingdom on July 7 to check out the park’s modified offerings and safety measures as part of its first preview day. You can read our trip report here, and watch our videos of the park’s Disney characters making their reimagined appearances below:
As a DVC member, I am totally disgusted we had to cancel our trip aug 1-8 because they demanded my 2 year old granddaughter HAD to wear a mask or we would be asked to leave.
We waited 12 months to take the girls again.
I hate all they are doing to deter us from coming.
It’s been NUMEROUS restrictions that caused us to cancel.
They took our dues though on time!!!
I’ve been a Disney fanatic my whole life.
Took my kids 12 times and now my grandkids twice already.
But as of today, I’m selling my DVC and probably not ever going again.
They’ve gone overboard to the point of screwing us the most.
We are all sick to our stomachs. We