SeaWorld Orlando first event of the year has begun. Wild Days is back, connecting guests in even more ways with animals and the natural, wild world.
The event is included with park admission and takes place three weekends in January (Jan. 16-17, Jan. 23-24 and Jan. 30-31). Each weekend is hosted by different animal experts, and features new educational shows – from orcas to wildlife rescue – and even more up-close animal experiences, meet-and-greet opportunities and interactive education stations.
Three Wild Days Weekends Themes:
Wild Weekend with Jack Hanna (Jan. 16-17)
Animal expert “Jungle Jack” Hanna hosts the first weekend. Guests can meet and learn about amazing animals from Jack, and hear about his unique travels and personal experiences.
• Dinner with Jack Hanna at Sharks Underwater Grill — Package includes dinner and a personal meet-and-greet with Jack Hanna starting at $59 (only available Saturday).
Penguin Lovers Weekend (Jan. 23-24)
Nationally recognized SeaWorld Animal Ambassador Julie Scardina hosts a weekend of wildlife surprises with a special focus on penguins. Guests can get up-close to these feathered friends and hear from Julie about her lifelong love of animals and the parks’ commitment to wildlife conservation.
Sea Rescue Weekend (Jan. 30-31)
SeaWorld has rescued more than 27,000 animals over 50 years, and these animal stories are featured weekly on the Saturday-morning ABC TV series “Sea Rescue.” Hear first-hand accounts of marine animal rescues, rehabilitations and returns by SeaWorld’s Animal Rescue Team, heroes and partners featured on the show.
Every Wild Days Weekend Includes:
• New “Ocean Discovery” killer whale presentation – Guests can learn more about killer whales, also called orcas, and other species of whales during a special educational show. This interactive, 30-minute presentation teaches guests about the animals’ adaptations, habitats and behavior. (Note: This special presentation is in addition to the “One Ocean” shows scheduled throughout the day.)
• New “Inspiring Stories” pre-shows – Guests can learn what it takes to care for animals that call SeaWorld home and how caring for them has helped with the rescue and rehabilitation of wild animals that need help. “Inspiring Stories” will take place at the beginning of three of the park’s popular shows: Blue Horizons, Pets Ahoy and Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High. Check park maps for times.
• Meet our Animals – Throughout the park, even more trainers, educators and animal care staff are stationed to share information and stories about the animals in our care and provide up-close meet and greets, scheduled feedings and fun surprises. Check park maps for times and locations.
• Explore Zones – More than 14 fun and interactive education stations can be discovered throughout the park, featuring games and hands-on experiences that teach guests about animals and what they can do to protect the wild world in their own lives. Check event guide for exclusive in-park experiences.
Wild Days takes place every Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 16 through Jan. 31, and is included with park admission. All feature shows take place at Nautilus Theater at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.