Would you stay in a Haunted Mansion themed hotel room?

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort started offering guests pirate-themed rooms last year and they’ve been a success. Now Disney is considering adding more themed rooms to some of their resorts, such as a Royal Room and even a Haunted Mansion themed room.

Dr. James Martin and his family recently stayed at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Upon their return home, they were sent a online survey by Disney asking about their stay. The survey went on to ask if they’d be interested in staying at a moderately priced resort that would be themed to a specific attraction or character. The choices presented were a Haunted Mansion Room, a Royal Room and a Pirates of the Carribean Room. (Photos provided by Dr. James Martin.)

The survey first provided a description of each room, then two photos of each and asked how likely they’d be to stay in each room. Here’s the description of the Haunted Mansion room:

Come spend the night with a few of the happy haunts who play in an enchanted bedroom inspired by the Haunted Mansion. Rest atop the floating Doom Buggy beds with a couple of friendly spooks and watch glow-in-the-dark, cartoon-like footsteps mysteriously appear as the evening sets in. A sliding bookcase creates a hidden passage to the bathroom and is the perfect hiding place for a hitch-hiking ghost. Oversized furnishings with curvy lines and bright colors add to the whimsy in the room. Guests will delight in finding the hidden special effects that play up the merry, rather than scary, room ambiance.

The survey went on to ask which was their favorite (Dr. Martin chose the Haunted Mansion) and what they liked and didn’t like about each room.

So which is your favorite? Would your kids be too scared to stay in a Haunted Mansion room? Would your sons think the Royal Room is too girly? Keep in mind that these are just concepts and depending on the survey answers and other factors, these rooms may never get built or may look nothing like the concepts renderings or descriptions.

Ad1

Tim Boozer August 7, 2010 - 1:54 pm

I would pay any amount of money to stay in that room! Next best thing to actually sleeping in the mansion!

Pettiger15 August 7, 2010 - 2:19 pm

I would never think the royal room is too girly. Look very luxurious. The haunted mansion room must be fun but the royal room would be beautiful.

justinj2 August 7, 2010 - 2:43 pm

I think the haunted mansion is a bit creepy and I think I would maybe want to stay in the royal room. Looks cool and I think I would like it!!

Tink August 7, 2010 - 6:35 pm

My family would definitely stay in a Haunted Mansion themed room. I am ready to book now. LOL!!!!

Layne August 7, 2010 - 8:53 pm

OMG!! I have been saying this for years. I would LOVE a Haunted Mansion themed room!! My only thing is I would rather it not be in the moderate hotels. I like staying on the monorail and would prefer not to stay where the bus is my only option for transportation. I always felt they should build a hotel that was completely dedicated to the Haunted Mansion and villain side of things. Even the Hollywood Hotel would be nice if it were real :0)

Jenny Klockziem August 8, 2010 - 3:51 pm

Absolute Genius! This concept is exactly what makes Disney stand out above all others. The combination of creativity and craftsmanship equals pure Disney magic. I am looking forward to spending many nights in the themed Haunted Mansion room.

Pindiva August 8, 2010 - 4:47 pm

A HAUNTED MANSION themed room???
um….when is this going to be available???
They need a whole floor devoted to this cause it will be booked up months ahead of time!!

Dianna August 8, 2010 - 5:50 pm

I would love the Haunted mansion room. That is what make Disney so great is the new concepts they always seem to think up.

chris August 8, 2010 - 8:32 pm

absolutely better yet each hotel should have these special themed rooms iv’e been wondering if they would ever do a haunted mansion room

John August 9, 2010 - 8:27 am

Haunted Mansion FTW! I think many fans would love to stay in that sort of rom (especially during the months around Halloween). I will say the other rooms are nice as well. The royal room reminds me of the shots I’ve seen of the Cindarella suite up in the castle. If Disney does decide to go ahead with any or all of these I definately think you will find a larger number of people booking rooms in moderate resorts… possibly even upgrading from moderate.

NT3 August 9, 2010 - 9:38 am

I’m guessing the Haunted Mansion rooms would be a natural fit at Port Orleans somewhere, but where would they put the Royal Rooms?

Amy Hensley August 9, 2010 - 8:36 pm

My kids and I would stay in either! I am also ready to book now! Build them, please!!:)

Chris August 10, 2010 - 8:18 am

I like them both. The haunted mansion room should be a little darker though.

OOTL Andy August 11, 2010 - 11:47 am

We stayed in a pirates room this past May. What we discovered is that it seems to be a way for WDW to spice up rooms that are far from resort amenities (ie the big pool, resort shopping, and the food). Additionally, the beds were full size beds which is on the small side even for 2 kids. These 2 facts keep them from charging more for these rooms. It was fun though from a “total Disney immersion” standpoint. The kids thought it was fun.

EricJ August 12, 2010 - 2:20 am

Themed rooms?…Okay, how many old Virtual Magic Kingdom players are getting flashbacks of their favorite web hangouts? 🙂
I say we also get a Space Mountain (themed) penthouse and a Captain Nemo room (with “undersea” portholes from the cruise ships), or no deal.

Todd August 12, 2010 - 10:31 am

A Haunted Mansion room????? A million times YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say make whole Haunted Mansion hotel!!

Jack August 12, 2010 - 11:13 am

Very cool. We’ve stayed in the Pirate rooms a number of times and my son loves it. I showed him these photos and he asked when we were staying in them!!! His (and my) first choice would be the Haunted Mansion room. My son also sugested a room with a Star Tours theme. We’ll keep our fingers crossed…

Gail August 12, 2010 - 11:58 am

I would love to stay in the Haunted Mansion room or any of these rooms. They look great. I hope they do it.I’m with Jack I would love a whole hotel that is just the Haunted Mansion with the dinning room and all.A girl can dream.

Gail August 12, 2010 - 12:01 pm

Sorry I said Jack and ment to say Todd, but Jacks son is right Star Wars is cool idea to.

Christina August 12, 2010 - 1:15 pm

I would love to see Haunted Mansion themed rooms or resort!
Please build themed rooms! Great idea!!!

Dan August 12, 2010 - 1:26 pm

I want to be the 1,000th ghost ! I’m ready to book ASAP, anytime of the year. My bags are packed. Haunted Mansion rooms here I come.

Jazmine August 12, 2010 - 1:30 pm

I would love to stay in the Royal room. It would make me feel like a princess. The Haunted room would also be awesome. I hope they do these rooms . POR in the mansion section would be perfectfor the royal rooms. Go Disney!!!!

Pati August 12, 2010 - 3:13 pm

How cool is that! Would love it. I would prefer a Princess Room, thank you!

KelZ August 12, 2010 - 4:11 pm

LOVE this idea. Love it. Love it. Love it.

imagner August 12, 2010 - 8:02 pm

they better bolt the comforter to the bed or it is so Gone!!!

cmaiewski August 13, 2010 - 1:50 pm

I love the idea of a royal room but not so sure about the haunted mansion room…

Kristi Petersen Schoonover August 15, 2010 - 10:19 pm

Oh, my vote is sooooo on that Haunted Mansion Room!

Lesley Wood August 16, 2010 - 10:33 pm

I would love to stay in any of these themes rooms. I love them all…especially the haunted mansion room!

buffalorun August 19, 2010 - 4:08 pm

The Royal Room is so wonderful. It would be my top pick, with pirate themes second.

Miranda August 21, 2010 - 12:22 am

I think the haunted mansion room is the best. Imagine staying there for the halloween events. That would be so cool.

Joe February 10, 2011 - 12:17 am

The haunted mansion room *sounds* scary at first, but those artist renderings are a family-fied version of the Haunted Mansion, and they actually remind me of Luigi’s Mansion. I would love to stay in a room like that! Also at first hearing ‘royal room’ I expected nothing but pink, but that looks awesome! Love the genie’s lamp and batb clock [forgot his name]. I stayed in the pirate room this past October and it made the trip even more magical. When you woke up you were instantly reminded that you were at Disney World

Dianne February 15, 2011 - 5:48 pm

themed rooms sound great would much rather stay in one of these than a sports theme or movie theme, esp like sound of haunted room

ºoº .•:*¨¨*:•. ºoºDiSnEyLoVeR!ºoº .•:*¨¨*:•. ºoº February 19, 2011 - 7:45 pm

i love the pirates room because i will be staing there in the next 3weeks plus like the roal rooms too.

love,
ºoº .•:*¨¨*:•. ºoºDiSnEyLoVeR!ºoº .•:*¨¨*:•. ºoº

Cleo May 16, 2011 - 8:22 pm

Disney should sell those animated framed pictures so we can design our own at home Disney bedrooms for our kids.

Kevin May 18, 2011 - 2:30 pm

The problem is Disney must think only people with kids will pay extra to stay in a themed room. All the theme rooms they do only have two full sized beds! I’m starting my Disney trip this weekend and discovered that my Pirate room at Caribbean Beach resort only has two beds! AAARRGGGGH!!!! Grownups want these theme rooms too!

Extevalgeve May 22, 2011 - 5:01 pm

у вашего сайта прикольный диз, сами рисовали?

история фамилии спиридонов

paul August 1, 2011 - 12:19 pm

i think i would cause it is based on the popular dark ride.haunted mansion is a classic attraction.

Bill August 14, 2011 - 3:11 pm

I am packed and ready to go!

inside the dragons mouth September 1, 2011 - 6:54 pm

this is sad cause these rooms are much nicer then my room
in my home.

dont they realize how jealous they’re making everyone with
this crap?

screw them man screw them!

Ayesha December 11, 2011 - 4:50 am

Both are amazing. I’d stay in them both if I could. Themed rooms sound amazing and they should definitely do more! Something for everyone! =D

SuzieBell January 8, 2012 - 5:37 pm

I would LOVE a Haunted Mansion Room!! So would my son! We were going to stay in a Royal Room, but once my son saw these he said he would wait till the haunted rooms are built!!

betsy smith April 7, 2013 - 8:23 pm

I agree a floor or a hotel based on villains and the haunted mansion would be a good addition to the Disney fortress. Also, like the royal room but for older guests and children the haunted mansion and villain rooms would be great.

Grimby May 1, 2013 - 12:51 pm

I don’t think the Haunted Mansion room goes far enough. If it was creepier, darker, and looked more “haunted” and less cartoony I’d be there every opportunity I had.

Trigger May 1, 2013 - 1:26 pm

Shut up and take my money!

thomas vesely May 1, 2013 - 6:01 pm

look, if i was seriously tripping with a couple of defrocked priests,ok. but under no other circumstance !

Pam May 1, 2013 - 6:42 pm

I would stay in the Haunted Mansion room and/or The Royal room. Both sound awesome. Moderate resorts are fine with me. I can’t afford the Deluxe resorts.

Pam May 1, 2013 - 6:46 pm

Also, it would be nice if they would start putting 2 Queen sized beds in the rooms with 2 beds. Yes, I’m an older adult and love the idea of themed rooms. Disney is for kids of all ages!!!

WayneInNYC May 1, 2013 - 10:03 pm

I would DEFINITELY stay in a Haunted Mansion Suite!

Haley May 2, 2013 - 8:47 am

I would stay there in a heartbeat!!! Awesome idea 🙂

Eric Coleman May 2, 2013 - 6:54 pm

My family stayed in the Pirates Room last May. While we loved the theme, my wife and I felt the room was too small for us and our 6yr. old twins. That being said, I had to take lots of pictures and my kids had a blast! I would love to stay in a Haunted Mansion themed room…or resort for that matter! Don’t think I can sell the wife and kids though (they spook easily). I think a Hollywood Tower Hotel resort would be Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

theresa mazur May 6, 2013 - 11:48 am

Haunted Manison room-that would be cool! I would stay

Joanne July 27, 2013 - 9:53 am

I LOVE Disney! I would love anyone of those rooms, but my favorite would have to be the royal room.
Blessings, Joanne

jacoby morciglio August 5, 2013 - 9:34 am

omg i would be so stoked to stay in any of those rooms!!!

Vampire Boy November 19, 2013 - 4:45 pm

I would definitely love to stay in a Haunted Mansion Suite just the thought of it makes me want to book it right away. I really hope they create a Haunted Mansion Suite but technically I would really love a Haunted Mansion themed resort.