Lightning McQueen, Mater and all their friends in Cars Land have transformed Radiator Springs into Radiator Screams for “Haul-O-Ween,” and guests are invited to take part in the all the frightful fun.
As the cars prepare for Halloween, or as they call it – Haul-O-Ween, they will decorate all the establishments of Radiator Springs to match the occasion. The cars will even wear their own “car-stumes” to celebrate.
Check out these 17 fun facts about Haul-O-Ween in Cars Land below:
- Sha-BOO! – This Haul-O-Ween, Cars Land will be taken over by spirits each night for a ghastly Sha-BOO! Sherrif’s voice will be heard on the scene to bring the town back to order and welcome guests to Radiator Screams.
- Cars Wear Their Favorite “car-stumes” for Haul-O-Ween – Guests can see Mater dressed as a “van-pire,” Lightning will be a superhero, Cruz Ramirez will be a pirate, Red the Fire Truck will be a kooky clown and DJ will jam out as a punk rocker.
- Truck-or-Treating Tunes – The background music in Cars Land will feature a lineup of fun Halloween-inspired songs.
- Zombie Car Effect – An out-of-service car with an undead battery just won’t “rust-in-peace,” as it will attempt to rise from the dead in front of Lizzie’s Radiator Springs Curios. Contrary to popular myth, these are not the remains of Lizzie’s beloved Stanley.
- Scary the Scare-car – Scary the Scare-car will greet guests as they enter Radiator Screams. Guests can hear Scary’s origin story as they ride Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
- Sarge’s Pump-kin Patch – Sarge is busy growing a patch of pump-kins, and he plans on gifting these gas cans on a vine to Fillmore to make some “organic fuel.”
- A Creepy, Crawly Cruiser – A Spider-car is spinning quite a web over at Flo’s V8 Café. Guests won’t have to worry, though, this eight-legged friend is available for photos. The designers for Haul-O-Ween repurposed a “Toadmobile” from Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride for this unique experience.
- Fillmore’s Yard Art – Fillmore, the free spirit of Radiator Screams, is adding his own artistic touch to the Haul-O-Ween season. His best piece is a kinetic sculpture: a spinning mobile of “jack-oil-lanterns.”
- Disorder in the Court – Strange things are happening in the old courthouse. A mad scientist has hooked up jumper cables, giving the building a new life – complete with moving eyes in the window.
- Horn-O-Plenty – This mysterious artifact was found during Haul-O-Ween in 1936. Each year, the residents of Radiator Screams bring it back home and decorate it with seasonal gifts.
- Witchy Miss Lizzie – Old Witchy Miss Lizzie is flying over Cadillac Range this Haul-O-Ween. Her shop of curiosities will now appear as if it belongs to a vintage witch, specializing in Boo-veniers!
- Mater’s Junkyard JamBOOree’s Tunes – The tractors are spinning to both classic Junkyard Jamboree songs and Haul-O-Ween-themed takes on popular songs like “Monster Mash” (“Monster Truck Smash”) and “Purple People Eater” (“Purple Fender Bender”).
- Luigi’s Favorite Holiday – Luigi and Guido never celebrated Haul-O-Ween before they moved to Radiator Springs. Now it’s their favorite holiday, and they’re inviting their cousins to come and celebrate for the first time with the “Terror-antella,” which tells the story of the town’s beloved Scary the Scare-car.
- Ramone’s House of Body Art – Ramone is celebrating Day of the Dead at his detailing shop. Marigolds, painted hoods and a sugar car decorate the outside, while Ramone has built an ofrenda inside to honor the life of Doc Hudson.
- Brake’s Motel – Sally created a themed miniature model of the Cozy Cone Motel out of seasonal candy and has displayed it for all to see. You can find this in the lobby of the Cozy Cone.
- Frightfully Fun Food & Beverage – A delicious menu of Halloween food and drinks are available throughout Cars Land, including treats like Candy Cone Pie (cream pie with vanilla, butterscotch, and white chocolate pudding) and Pumpkin Spice Shake at Flo’s V8 Café. Guests can also try the Slow-Burnin’ Mac and Cheese Cone and “Spokey”-Cone Macaron at the Cozy Cone Motel.
- Spiders! – Guests can find 30 car-achnids hiding about in Radiator Screams!
This festive celebration of Haul-O-Ween takes place in Disney California Adventure as part of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, from Sept. 7 – Oct. 31.
To learn more about Disneyland’s other Halloween offerings, visit Disneyland.com/Halloween.