New details have been shared about the 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts, which kicks off on Jan. 17, 2020.
A new offering called Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine will debut at this year’s festival, featuring food creations that will entice all your senses. New talent is booked for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, and more special performances are scheduled.
This year’s 12 Food Studios will be filled with bright colors and flavors, and guests will have the opportunity to try the variety of dishes for the reward of a colorful company surprise. Collect a stamp for each menu item you try along the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine, fill up your Festival Passport, and then you can collect your culinary prize.
The rest of the Disney on Broadway Concert Series lineup has been announced as well:
- Jan. 17, 20-21, and 24 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Jan. 18-19, and 22-23 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff, and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28-29; Feb. 1-2, and 5-6 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Jan. 27, 30-31; Feb. 3-4, and 7-8 – Liana Hunt (“Newsies”) and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 9 – Special performance featuring Lindsay, Massey, Hunt, and Jacobs
- Feb. 10, 12-13, 18-19, and 22-23 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 11, 14-15, 16-17, and 20-21 – Syndee Winters (“The Lion King”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 24 – Special performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Winters, and Scott
All shows are included with regular theme park admission. Guests can also experience these performances by reserving a Disney on Broadway Dining Package, which guarantees seating for one show on the day of the dining reservation. Packages at participating Epcot restaurants can be booked now online or over the phone at (407) WDW-FEST.
When visiting the World Showcase, guests can also catch performances of a band new to Epcot performing in the Germany pavilion, Lebendig (“Alive”) on Jan. 17 – Feb. 25. This four-piece pop/rock outfit will perform its contemporary interpretation of the German Schlager style through both covers and originals.