U.S. News & World Report has announced the 10th edition of its Best Hotels rankings, which evaluate more than 30,000 luxury hotels and resorts across the U.S., Europe, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
Four Seasons Resort Lanai in Hawaii took the number one spot as Best Hotel in the USA, thanks to its countless amenities, like sunset yoga and a world-class golf course. The Langham, Chicago comes in at number two, with The Peninsula Chicago at number three. These hotels took the high spots due to their consistent stellar service, memorable on-site amenities and accommodations.
Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach took the number four spot for Best in the USA, and the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World rounded out the top five.
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa took home the top spot for Best Family Hotel in the USA.
In the Orlando-Walt Disney World area, the top hotels for 2020 include:
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando
- The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
As for Florida, the top hotels for 2020 include:
- Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach, Miami
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami
- The Miami Beach Edition, Miami
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Jacksonville
For California, the top hotels in the state for 2020 include:
- Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
- Montage Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar, San Diego
- The Resort at Pelican Hill
These hotel rankings from U.S. News & World Report are based on an analysis of expert and guest opinions. At the moment, only luxury hotels and resorts are ranked through computing a Hotel Score based on:
- Awards and recognition
- Hotel class
- Guest Rating
A hotel property must offer at least 20 rooms in order to be ranked by the outlet.
“This 2020 ranking of the U.S. News Best Hotels marks 10 years of helping travelers find their ideal hotel, no matter the destination, budget or duration,” said Zach Watson, travel editor at U.S. News. “The hotel rankings provide a range of information on all types of accommodations, from tranquil boutique hotels on the beach to luxurious city high-rises with incredible amenities, so consumers can determine what will best fit their vacation.”
You can check out the Best Hotels in the USA list for yourself here.