Adventure Island water park is no longer seasonal! And to celebrate their new year-round status, the park has announced the Sept. 10 grand opening of their ultimate chill-out spot, Hang Ten Tiki Bar.
The sister park to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (home to the adrenaline-pumping Howl-O-Scream event) now has something else in common with Tampa’s premier theme park — it will remain open all year long, extending its “endless summer” vibe with the use of water heaters and the opening of the laid-back Hang Ten Tiki Bar.
Whether it’s a day spent floating in the newly temperature-controlled lazy river and tropical pools, or the park’s nine thrilling water slides are the main draw, there is nothing quite like a tiki bar to bring home that summertime vacation vibe.
Hang Ten Tiki Bar is Adventure Island’s first full-service bar, featuring hand-crafted signature cocktails, fan-favorite local beers, a regional and international rum selection, and an appealing menu filled with light bites.
Surf-style bar seating overlooking the park’s white sand beaches makes the perfect island get-away setting for a selection of mixologist-curated signature drinks, including:
- Beach Bum Mojito: This sparkling on-draft cocktail claims the title of Hang Ten’s “classic daquiri with an island twist.” Also on draft are the Surfin’ Strawberry Margarita and the Mahalo Mule. Each are served in a souvenir tiki cup.
- Island Lava Flow and Caribbean Corkscrew: Frozen specialty drinks, either with or without alcohol.
- 20 international and local Florida-distilled rums.
- Surf-themed rum or beer flights: Try the “Shortboard Flight,” featuring a selection of international or local rums, or dive into the “Longboard Flight” of local craft beers.
- Non-alcoholic beverages: Guests of all ages can indulge in refreshing juice drinks served in souvenir tiki cups.
Along with delectable drinks, Hang Ten Tiki Bar also serves up Island light bites, including the Tiki Man soft pretzel, empanadas, and local Gulf smoked fish dip with pineapple relish.
Kick back with a cocktail and a snack while watching any of Hang Ten’s multiple TVs, each of which will carry popular sporting events.
Visitors can make the most of the new year-round status at Adventure Island with any of four Annual Passes. Enjoy access to the park for a full year, plus benefits that include no blackout dates, up to six free guest tickets, access to exclusive ride preview events, free parking, savings on cabanas, and ride “quick queue” access.
For more information, visit AdventureIsland.com.