Families will be able to explore even more of the world with two brand-new Adventures by Disney 2023 itineraries to the British Isles and Sicily.
Both new land adventures celebrate the stories, culture, and traditions of their respective regions through curated experiences led by specially-trained Adventure Guides that provide travelers with immersive, authentic experiences coupled with signature Disney service.
Adventures by Disney 2023: The Best of the British Isles
Combining all-time guest favorites from Adventure by Disney’s popular England, Ireland, and Scotland adventures with brand-new experiences curated by the experts at Disney, the 10-day, nine-night British Isles Land Adventure offers a one-of-a-kind tour through Dublin, Belfast, Antrim Coast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and London — and marks the first time Adventures by Disney will take guests to Northern Ireland.
The British Isles itinerary includes:
- Ireland – During a two-day adventure in Dublin, guests will enjoy an interactive museum experience, observe the art of crafting Irish whiskey at a local distillery, and enjoy traditional Irish fare at one of the oldest family-owned pubs in Dublin.
- Northern Ireland – Families will make traditional Irish soda bread, take a tour of Belfast, and enjoy a scenic drive along the Antrim Coast, where they hear mythical legends, see picturesque seaside villages, and explore the geological wonders known as the basalt columns at the Giant’s Causeway.
- Scotland – After crossing the North Channel via ferry, guests will learn the heritage of the bagpipes (and try their chanter-playing skills) in Glasgow. Next, a royal welcome awaits in Edinburgh as families will enjoy private access to Queen Elizabeth’s Royal Yacht Britannia, explore the historic Royal Mile, and visit Edinburgh and Floors Castles.
- England – A scenic train ride through the English countryside brings travelers to London, where they’ll enjoy afternoon tea followed by a high-speed boat ride along the River Thames. On the final full day of the adventure, guests will visit some of the city’s must-see attractions, including a private viewing of the Royal Crown Jewels in the Tower of London and a tour of Westminster Abbey.
Adventures by Disney will offer nine British Isles departures in 2023, four of which are adult-exclusive departures that include a privately guided tour through the labyrinth of underground vaults of Old Town Edinburgh.
Adventures by Disney 2023: Tour of Sicily
With activities for every member of the family, the eight-day, seven-night Adventures by Disney Sicily Land Adventure invites families to discover the ancient wonder, picture-perfect landscapes, and delicious culinary creations of this Mediterranean island, with visits to Palermo, Monreale, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Caltagirone, Siracusa, Mount Etna, and Taormina, plus stops at five of Sicily’s seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The Sicily Itinerary includes:
- The 2,000-year-old province of Palermo with a privately guided tour of the 12th-century Monreale Cathedral, a behind-the-scenes visit to the largest theater in Italy (the Teatro Massimo), and a sampling of local dishes.
- Visiting artisan shops and sharing a traditional village-style lunch alongside locals in a small Sicilian village.
- Seeing ancient Greek and Roman wonders in the Valley of Temples, Villa Romana del Casale, Neapolis Archaeological Park, and Teatro Greco.
- A hands-on ceramic painting activity in Caltagirone to learn about this Sicilian tradition and channel the inner artisan.
- A private show at Teatro dei Pupi, a backstage look at the master puppeteers at work, and a workshop where guests can customize their own puppet.
- Exploring the terrain in off-road vehicles at Europe’s highest active volcano, Mount Etna.
- Embarking on a privately charted boat ride through the Ionian Sea to Isola Bella, where participants will swim, snorkel, and discover the blue cave of Taormina.
Adventures by Disney will offer ten Sicily departures in 2023, three of which are adult-exclusive departures featuring a scenic sunset cruise around the island of Ortigia.
Adventures by Disney Private Adventures
Also, in 2023, eleven Private Adventures return, providing families and friends with the convenience of traveling with their preferred party of up to 12 guests to some of the world’s must-see destinations.
Private Adventure guests experience:
- A private group vacation with family and friends (up to 12 guests).
- More time to discover destinations at their own pace.
- Flexible booking dates that allow them to choose when they want to travel, pending seasonality and availability.
- A dedicated Private Adventure Guide connecting them with the local culture and bringing each destination to life through engaging storytelling.
- Unique experiences designed for small groups, such as a guided tour of Te Puia geothermal park in New Zealand, a full-day sailing excursion along the outer reef in Australia, or a privately guided tour of Robben Island in South Africa.
The 11 Private Adventures itineraries in 2023 will take travelers to Australia; Costa Rica; Egypt; England and France; Greece; Ireland; Italy; New Zealand; Peru; South Africa; and Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. Led by a Private Adventure Guide, these trips are designed for a smaller group of guests and offer flexible booking dates.