Today marks the Star Wars holiday, May the 4th, and the popular pet website Chewy is celebrating the beloved character Chewbacca (aka Chewie) with the first-ever nationwide Chewy casting call for Chewbacca pet lookalikes.
Throughout May, Chewy will be looking for a Chewie pet lookalike to star in their next campaign featuring Star Wars items available only at Chewy, including Chewbacca dog toys, a “The Mandalorian” Grogu pet bed, and a flying Millennium Falcon cat toy.
If you ever thought your pet could play a Chewbacca stunt double, now’s their chance to be a star.
Here’s How to Enter:
1. Share a photo of your Chewbacca pet lookalikes on social media
2. Tag @Chewy
3. Use the hashtags: #ChewyCastingCall and #Maythe4thBeWithYou
Submissions will be accepted during May. The pet winner will be selected based on their resemblance to Chewbacca and will receive the following prize package:
- A custom Star Wars-themed photo shoot with Chewy Studios
- A spotlight feature on Chewy’s website and social media
- Exclusive items from The Star Wars collection at Chewy and Chewy’s Personalized Shop
- Framed photo shoot photos
Through May 5, 2022, pet parents will also receive $10 off when they spend $25 on Chewy’s exclusive Star Wars Collection items.
Fun Fact: Over 16,000 Chewy customers have named their pets after “Star Wars” characters. The top 10 names (in order) are Luke, Leia, Chewie, Kylo, Yoda, Chewbacca, Anakin, Princess Leia, Kylo Ren, and Han Solo.
Click here for more information about the Chewbacca pet lookalikes casting call.