“Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories” allows guests to transform Cinderella Castle through augmented reality technology, using photos from their Disney PhotoPass gallery.
By using the My Disney Experience app, guests visiting Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom park can add select Disney PhotoPass photos to Cinderella Castle.
Guests will be prompted to select a Disney PhotoPass portrait-oriented photo from their photo gallery – or a selection of other Disney icons and character scenes – and digitally insert it into an image of Cinderella Castle.
“Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories” costs $9.99 and includes:
A place on Cinderella Castle in which a photo can be digitally pinned, then viewed repeatedly for at least three years.
A downloadable, sharable video in which guests’ photos fly out of Cinderella Castle.
How it works:
- While standing in front of Cinderella Castle, open the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device and locate “Mural of Memories.”
- Hold your mobile device up so that you’re viewing Cinderella Castle on the screen.
- When prompted, tap the on-screen location on Cinderella Castle that you’d like the photo placed.
- When prompted, select a photo from your Disney PhotoPass gallery, or choose from a selection of character or Disney icon photos.
- The photo will be superimposed over the Cinderella Castle image on your mobile device.
- Tap the image to view your photo.
- Download and share with friends and family.
Guests using “Mural of Memories” can download a high-resolution version of the pinned photo, without watermarks. A second version of the photo can be downloaded with a special border that includes the guest’s first name.
Disney cast members, annual passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and Club 33 members can download their photo with a personalized border reflecting their affiliation.
“Mural of Memories” photos added to Cinderella Castle will join other guests’ photos, creating a special mural that will grow over time.
Over the course of Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary celebration, addition photos of Cinderella Castle will be added to the app.
This new experience joins Disney PhotoPass’s augmented reality photos as “magical” new options.
For more information visit Disneyworld.com.