Busch Gardens has launched a new official interactive iPhone and Android application. The free app is now available in the iTunes App Store and will be coming soon to the Android Market.
This is the first time that Busch Gardens has utilized GPS technology to guide guests through the park. The app is designed to make the guest experience better by giving them park details and helping them get the most out of their day.
An interactive map will show guests where they are in the park and allow them to highlight the quickest route to their next destination by clicking the “Take Me There” button on any destination page. Whether the destination is a restaurant, show, roller coaster or animal habitat, the app can give details on its location, menu, restrictions, wait times and more. Guests can also search for the nearest restrooms, lockers and ATMs. Many of the functions, such as wait times and directions, only function if the mobile device can determine the user is actually in the park.
Guests can find fun facts about the animals and even snap a few photos without leaving the application by using the in-app camera. They can also connect to social media sites to share their photos with friends and keep up with Busch Gardens’ Facebook and Twitter feeds.
The new Busch Gardens App Features:
• Interactive real-time map
• Ride wait times and height requirements
• Information pages for all major shows, rides, habitats and restaurants
• In-App camera
• Phone numbers to make reservations or schedule tours
• Connection to social media sites
• General park information and operating hours
• “Find My Car” pin drop locator
• Live local weather and forecast updates
• A link to the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund site
To download the free app, search the keyword “Busch Gardens” in the iTunes App Store. The app works at both the Tampa Bay park and the one in Williamsburg, Va.
If you have any comments or suggestions about the app, write to Busch Gardens at BGTdigital@BuschGardens.com.