Guests visiting Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will have even more to enjoy when its 60th Anniversary Celebration kicks off on March 1 with a concert and fireworks display.
Originally opened on March 31, 1959, Busch Gardens Tampa has come a long way from its brewery tour and bird garden origins. Now the park features a world-class zoo, seasonal events, and a vast rollercoaster collection – featuring its upcoming addition, Tigris.
Set to open this spring, construction on the track for Tigris was recently completed. When it opens, guests will be launched forward and backward while on the ride, as it reaches speeds of over 60 miles per hour. In addition to the launches, twists, and turns, a heartland roll at Tigris’ top height of 150 feet will give riders a unique view of Busch Gardens.
Other than Tigris, there is plenty more for guests to enjoy this spring for the park’s 60th anniversary:
- At the 60th Anniversary Celebration Kickoff on March 1, guests can enjoy the “Women Rock” performance from the Florida Orchestra, a tribute to women who changed the rock ’n’ roll landscape – all leading up to a fireworks display. The field opens at 5:30 p.m. for the 7 p.m. concert, and 8:30 p.m. for the fireworks.
- Also starting on March 1, guests will be able to take part in the brand-new Pin Trading program at the park. Launching with over 150 pins, the new Pin Trading program offers pocket-sized souvenirs inspired by animals, attractions, events and more at merchandise locations throughout the park. Guests can also trade their pins with park ambassadors to collect exclusive pins not sold in stores.
- Starting March 16, the 5th Annual Food & Wine Festival will offer a lineup of concerts as well as feature an anniversary-themed culinary cabin, offering flavors inspired by treats and snacks once featured at Busch Gardens.
- In partnership with the Gold & Diamond jewelry store, the park is hosting a social media sweepstakes. Participants can use one play per day for their chance to win a $5,000 gift certificate to the jewelry store or a specialty gold and diamond tiger pendant. In addition, there are instant-win opportunities every day for park tickets and the Serengeti Safari Experience. No purchase is necessary to enter, and winners will be chosen after the sweepstakes ends on Friday, May 17.
- Park guests can take a stroll through the park as they take part in an all-new scavenger hunt. After arriving at the park, guests can pick up their complimentary scavenger hunt guide and follow clues to iconic moments of Busch Gardens’ past. Each location will feature a code word to unlock a master code word on the guide. Those who finish the scavenger hunt can pick up thier complimentary 60th Anniversary Celebration button at the Emporium, Xcursions, or Painted Camel gift shops.
- 2019 is still the #YearOfBeer at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay for all adult park guests. Those age 21 and older can enjoy two complimentary beer samples every day of 2019 at Serengeti Outlook Pub and Restaurant and at Garden Gate Café. Valid ID is required.
Not only is March a major milestone for Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, but one of its residents also has something to celebrate. For one weekend only from March 29-31, guests can get a rare chance to meet Jody, a critically endangered black rhinoceros, in honor of her 30th birthday. To get this up-close encounter, guests are encouraged to book the Rhino Endangered Species Tour.
To learn more about the 60th Anniversary Celebration at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, visit BuschGardens.com/Tampa.