Cedar Fair’s Canada’s Wonderland theme park outside of Toronto, Ontario re-opened to the general public on July 7, 2021, and they are looking ahead to four seasons of fun (including a brand-new event) in 2022.
Canada’s Wonderland hosts their first ever International Food Festival in summer 2022, promising a diverse menu of culinary tastes, treats and drinks from around the world. Continue reading for more details of the entire 2022 event lineup:
- International Food Festival – A new event debuting in summer 2022 with food, drinks, and desserts from over a dozen countries on every continent (I’m curious what the Antarctica offering will be). In addition to the culinary offerings, there will be live entertainment, street performers and more.
- Long weekend fireworks – Select long weekends during the summer months will feature pyrotechnic shows with over 6,000 fireworks choreographed to music.
- Celebration Canada – Oh, Canada! Coordinated in time with Canada Day, this celebration kicks off in July with a fireworks show, Canadian food, live music, live entertainment, street performers, and more.
- KidZfest – Kids get their own party in August with live entertainment, family fun activities, special guests, costume parades, and the kid-favorite Foam Pit.
- Family Halloween Event – In fall 2022, Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and the rest of the Peanuts gang join in this family-friendly Halloween event with mazes, trick-or-treating, costume parties, live shows, and more.
- Halloween Haunt – For those looking for more thrills, the monsters return September through October 2022 along with haunted attractions, horrifying mazes, thrilling nighttime rides, and sinister entertainment.
- WinterFest – In November and December 2022, the park transforms into a magical winter wonderland for an immersive holiday event. Families can visit enchanting themed areas with millions of lights, go ice skating on Snow Flake Lake, and enjoy live entertainment, sweet and savory treats, and holiday activities.
In addition to the special events, Canada’s Wonderland will expand its food & beverage options in 2022 with a multi-level, rustic lodge restaurant that will be the park’s largest dining facility to date. Inspired by the striking beauty of the Canadian wilderness, it will feature a sprawling patio overlooking Yukon Striker and the Frontier Canada vista, room for 500+ seating, and indoor and outdoor fireplaces.
Canada’s Wonderland is a 300-acre theme park located in Vaughan, Ontario approximately 40 minutes from downtown Toronto. The Cedar Fair park has the third most roller coasters among all amusement parks in the world with 17 in total. To learn more, visit CanadasWonderland.com.