Disney Springs will be hosting “Celebrate HERstory” throughout March in honor of Women’s History Month. Talented women in business and art will be spotlighted during this special celebration.
Celebrate Women of the Arts
- At the Art of Disney and WonderGround Gallery, a spotlight series focusing on iconic female Disney artists will take place and will rotate all month long.
- The Art of Disney will also be hosting Julia Gabrielov and Paola Gracey March 13-14 and 26-28, respectively. Marketplace Co-Op will also be hosting artists Meredith Young (March 26-28) and Jasmine Beckett Griffith on select dates March 11-31.
- Guests can also meet Fabiola Garza Villalobos, a character artist from the Disney Creative Group, at Ever After Jewelry Co. and Accesories on March 8 from 10 a.m. till noon.
- Every Wednesday Night from 5-9 p.m. female vocalists will share their inspiring stories and voices at the AdventHealth Waterside Stage.
- Chef Yolanda Lazo Colon from Amorette’s Patisserie and Chef Amanda Lauder from The Ganachery have created their own special treats to celebrate “HERstory.” Lazo Colon whipped up Chef Yoly’s Flancocho, a mix of chocolate cake and flan. Lauder came up with her own spread of indulgent chocolate treats and brought back the fan-favorite Captain Marvel Chocolate Piñata filled with pecan toffee pieces.
- At Marketplace Snacks, fans can pay homage to everyone’s favorite mom and superhero, Elastagirl, with the new Mrs. Incredible Float, featuring strawberry and Lemon Dole whip that sits in a sea of black cherry lemonade.
- At City Works Eatery and Pour House, “Her Hops Flight” will feature four beers from female-owned breweries.
- Sprinkles is partnering with the Step Up Organization and will be donating $25,000 to female empowerment organizations. On International Women’s Day, March 8, Sprinkles will also be selling their “She is FIERCE” red velvet cupcake.
Discover Female-owned businesses
While visiting Disney Springs, make sure to check out these female-owned businesses:
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (Baker and owner, Erin McKenna.)
- Rustic Cuff (Owner Jill Donovan)
- SugarBoo and Co. (Artist and owner, Rebecca Puig.)
- Vivoli il Gelato (Owner Silvana Vivoli)