There are changes happening with some the characters at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Some will move, some will leave and some will arrive.
• Lightning McQueen has left his usual spot as he gets a makeover to represent his look in the upcoming Cars 2 movie. When he returns in June, he’ll not only be meeting guests once again, but he’ll also have a part in the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, replacing Herbie the Love Bug. Herbie will still be seen during the Studio Backlot Tour.
Guests can still meet Tow Mater at Luigi’s Garage through April 17. From then until April 30, you may see Mater roaming around the park. Then Mater will be gone until June when he returns with Lightning McQueen in their new location. See a video of Lightning in the Disneyland Paris version of Lights, Motors, Action below.
• Guests have until April 30 to meet Lotso from Toy Story 3 in The Magic of Disney Animation building. After that, Lotso can still be seen in the daily parade. On May 16, Winnie the Pooh will start meeting guests in The Magic of Disney Animation building in promotion of his new movie, Disney’s Winnie the Pooh.
• The new Phineas and Ferb meet and play experience we reported on previously starts on May 16. They’ll be located by Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano and the exit of Muppet•Vision 3D.
• The rock band Mulch, Sweat & Shears has begun performing daily at the park in various locations, up for their previous five day schedule.
• The Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun parade has reversed its route. It used to start at the front of the park and head to the gate near Star Tours. Now it begins at Star Tours and ends near the front of the park.
• Jake and the Neverland Pirates replaced the Winnie the Pooh scene recently when Playhouse Disney – Live on Stage changed its name to Disney Junior – Live on Stage.
Here’s a look at Lightning McQueen in the Disneyland Paris version of the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show:
UPDATE: The Phineas and Ferb meet and play experience, and Winnie the Pooh meet have been delayed until late May.