Busch Gardens Tampa launched their biggest Christmas celebration last year, and this year, Christmas Town returns with more snow, even more event nights, and more than a million twinkling lights.
Christmas Town transforms the park into a nighttime holiday wonderland of wintery surprises and all things Christmas, filling guests’ senses with seasonal sights, sounds and flavors. A portion of the proceeds from Christmas Town will benefit All Children’s Hospital in the Bay area.
This year’s event has added even more nights to experience all-new evening attractions, shows and shopping. Christmas Town is open 18 select nights from 6 to 11 p.m., Nov. 29 through Dec. 23. And there’s even more new offerings to see this year, including:
• Unlimited admission to all 18 nights with the Christmas Town Unlimited ticket for just $89 plus tax for adults and $29 plus tax for children.
• Introducing Discovery Dollars, a new cashless wristband that can be preloaded with cash or linked to a credit card. Dollars can be used at merchandise and dining locations around Christmas Town. Guests who set up accounts with cash can visit Guest Relations upon their exit to have unspent money returned. Unclaimed monies will be donated to SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund.
• SnowWorld is bigger than ever. Slide down eight new slides, make a snowman, play in the soft white snow or pack the perfect snow balls to test your aim in the target practice area.
• Enjoy a trip back in time to celebrate Christmas in the good ‘ole days in Holiday Hills. In this nostalgic town, a live brass band sets the mood for seasonal fun with Christmas tunes while Mrs. Claus cooks up holiday fare for the whole family at Mrs. Claus’s Family Feast.
• Journey into Jungala to see a nature-inspired Christmas, including a new tree light show in Christmas Time Terrace. A larger-than-life Christmas tree comes alive every 15 minutes with dancing lights.
• Sneak a kiss with your sweetheart in the beautiful garden walkway of Mistletoe Memories. Here, topiaries, flowers and sparkling white lights fill the trees overhead and set the scene for sweet moments with loved ones and photos.
• Join Elmo, Cookie Monster, Zoe and everyone’s favorite Sesame Street friends in Christmas Town’s all-new show, Elmo’s Christmas Wish. Sing and dance along with Elmo as he makes a Christmas wish to Santa and learns the meaning behind Christmas.
• Join the adventure as everyone’s favorite Madagascar friends including Gloria, Alex, King Julien and the penguins go on a vacation with a Christmas twist in Madagascar Live! Operation: Christmas Vacation. Fun and colorful holographic ornaments fill the trees overhead on the plaza pathway leading to this all-new show.
For those who can’t wait to get their night at Christmas Town started, guests are invited to pull up a chair at Mrs. Claus’ Family Feast for a special evening filled with stories, songs, a buffet of traditional holiday fare, opportunities for holiday hugs and photos with Mrs. Claus and her favorite elves. Space is limited for this dining experience and reservations must be made in advance at ChristmasTown.com.
“Christmas Town is a unique holiday tradition for Tampa Bay-area families,” says Jim Dean, Busch Gardens Tampa’s park president. “We’ve creating a season-long celebration for family and friends unlike any other event our guests have ever seen – the kind of Christmas fun only Busch Gardens can provide.”
Christmas Town is a separate-ticketed night event, and regular daytime admission is not required or included. General admission for Christmas Town is $60 for adults and $20 for children plus tax. Busch Gardens annual pass members will receive the deepest discounts with advance online pricing starting at $25, and special offers are available for guests wishing to upgrade their paid daily admission to Busch Gardens. Families with children ages 3 to 9 will get an advance-purchase price of $10 for their youngest members.