As Epcot continues it’s park-wide transformation, a handful of locations in the park will be impacted by construction in 2020.
On Jan. 4, 2020, MouseGear will have its final day of operation at its current location and will reopen in a temporary setup in Innoventions East on Jan. 5, 2020. This temporary location will still be called MouseGear.
Fountain View (Starbucks) has also been moved to a new, temporary location.
Also on Jan. 5, the character meet-and-greets in Innoventions West will close, with some moving to other locations and others closing entirely:
- Mickey Mouse will greet guests in the queue for the Disney-Pixar Short Film Festival in the Imagination! pavilion
- Minnie Mouse will greet guests at the World Showcase Gazebo; this will relocate Daisy’s meet-and-greet to Future World East
- Goofy will meet guests at the Main Entrance near Spaceship Earth
- Joy will greet guests in the Imagination! pavilion, near Wreck-it Ralph in the ImageWorks area
- Sadness and Baymax will not be greeting guests during this time
To accommodate guests and cast members during these changes, new and expanded walkways will open to help ease travel around these affected areas. Some of these walkways are already open, like the Rose Walk, and more are still in development.
New walkways will be coming soon and continuing to open through January that connects the west side of the park’s Main Entrance to the promenade near The Seas with Nemo & Friends, as well as the east side of the Main Entrance to Future World East and the temporary MouseGear location.
Stay tuned for more Epcot updates as the park’s transformation continues.