On Friday, Nov. 12, The Walt Disney Company is set to host Disney+ Day, a global celebration that will come to life across all dimensions of the company, as subscribers are treated to new content and sneak peeks of what’s to come.
To celebrate the second anniversary of Disney+, subscribers will have access to special promotions and experiences across the company. The Disney Parks around the world and Disney Cruise Line will roll out the blue carpet for Disney+ fans with “surprise and delight” moments including photo-ops, character moments and more; shopDisney will have special offers; and popular shows and syndicated series will take part in the fun across ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN and ESPN+, Freeform, FX, Hulu, National Geographic, and on owned channels abroad.
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” said Bob Chapek, CEO of The Walt Disney Company. “This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses.”
Disney+ Day will feature content premieres that include:
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings“
- Disney’s “Jungle Cruise,” available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie “Home Sweet Home Alone,” a reimagining of the classic holiday franchise
- A new series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called “Olaf Presents,” in which the beloved snowman from “Frozen” retells several classic Disney stories as only he can
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including “Frozen Fever,” Oscar-winning shorts “Feast” and “Paperman,” Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short “Get a Horse!, and more
- An animated short film “Ciao Alberto” from Pixar, featuring characters from “Luca“
- A new short from “The Simpsons” that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season 2 of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with a look toward the future
- “Dopesick,” an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
Subscribers to the streaming service will get access to an inaugural fan celebration on Disney+, which will include breaking news, first looks, new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from Disney+ creators and stars.
In addition, the service will make its debut in South Korea and Taiwan on Nov. 12 and in Hong Kong on Nov. 16.
More content premieres, offers, and news will be shared in the weeks leading up to the celebration, so stay tuned for updates!