Has anyone ever said that you look like Rey or Kylo Ren? You’re in luck! Disney Live Entertainment is currently accepting online submissions for roles on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, the one-of-a-kind, fully immersive Star Wars multi-day adventure coming to Walt Disney World Resort in 2022.
When passengers board the Starcruiser “Halcyon” for their voyage through a galaxy far, far away, there will be performers who join them as crew members, guests, and even interlopers as they all travel in style to the Outer Rim.
“During the experience, a variety of adventures befall the ship, and onboard characters find themselves caught in the intrigue of a galactic conflict,” the Disney Live Entertainment listing says. “This company of actors will portray characters from a vast and diverse galaxy and will actively engage with passengers as much as with other performers. Every character will be leveraged for improvisational, scripted, and interactive moments.”
Actors With Stunt/Combat Abilities for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
Disney Live Entertainment is looking for the following “dynamic and athletic” actors to portray Rey and Kylo Ren. Actors with prior experience or knowledge in stage combat, Wushu, martial arts, or hand-to-hand are encouraged to audition.
- A female actor 5’6”-5’8” with an athletic, slender build and strong improvisational abilities to portray Rey, the scavenger from the harsh desert planet of Jakku who learns the mysterious power of the force is shaping her life.
- A male actor 6’0”-6’2” with improvisational abilities to portray Kylo Ren, the menacing Force-sensitive warrior driven by his connection to the dark side to achieve his ultimate goal of galactic domination.
Actors With Musical Abilities for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
Actors of all abilities, gender identities, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds are needed to fill roles that require musical ability.
- A youthful and friendly actor/guitarist/singer (20s) with strong improvisational acting abilities to portray The First-Time Cruiser, a Togrutan who aspires to be more than the “alien next door.” This hopeless romantic is a friendly and earnest musician who happily serenades fellow guests in an attempt to impress the Galactic Superstar. He is a strong rhythm guitarist with a happy-go-lucky, easy-going musical style. A struggling singer/songwriter looking for his big break. Vocal range low C to high A; Low tenor/high baritone.
- An actor/vocalist (30s-40s) with strong improvisational abilities to portray the Galactic Superstar, a Twi’lek and phenomenally soulful singer who demands focus in every conversation and performance alike. She also commands respect as she operates in a legally dubious world of galactic intrigue while fighting for her race’s integrity and freedom. Her vocal range is preferably that of a Mezzo-Soprano, and her musical style is a hybrid of neo-soul, jazzy, funk, colored by her extensive travel and experiences.
Actors for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
Disney Live Entertainment is also accepting online submissions from actors of all abilities, gender identities, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds for roles as members of the Halcyon crew.
- A mature, commanding actor (40s-50s) with strong improvisational abilities to portray the Halcyon’s Captain, a worldly Pantoran, and a strong and charismatic leader who has served as a well-respected ship commander for some time and demands the attention and focus of every room she walks into.
- An effervescent actor (30s) with strong improvisational abilities to portray Halcyon’s Cruise Director, a human who draws inspiration from the efforts she sees to bring harmony and justice to the galaxy. A born cruise director who loves travel and adventure, she is a cheerful and harmonious people person.
- A friendly and engaging actor (late teens-20s) with strong improvisational abilities to portray the Mechanic, a youthful human with big dreams and enthusiasm that sometimes outpaces his capabilities. As a result, he tries to present a braggadocios front to mask the vulnerability of being far from home.
- A confident and engaging actor (40s) with strong improvisational abilities to portray The Fixer, a well-traveled, devil-may-care human who uses his charm to his advantage as he seeks out associates to enlist in his criminal enterprise. Actors with sleight of hand tricks a plus and are encouraged to prepare a demonstration of abilities.
- A charismatic and engaging actor (40s) with strong improvisational abilities to portray the First Order Lieutenant, an ambitious officer new to his position of power and working hard not to let us know that. He doesn’t see a line between abusing and leveraging power.
- Warm and engaging athletic actors (20s-30s) with improvisational abilities to serve as Saber Trainers, the patient and well-composed instructors who serve as expert wielders of the lightsaber as they take cruisers through a physical demonstration. Prior sword/saber experience a plus as the role requires the ability to brandish a lightsaber confidently.
Click here for more information and to submit an online audition.